Radically Smart & Natural Compression
Powair was designed to be a smarter, more natural sounding compressor. It’s a dual-stage loudness leveler / compressor / limiter powered by a novel, proprietary compression engine which provides greater transparency and control than ever before.
The first stage is a K-weighted loudness leveler, perfect for leveling a voice-over or auto-adjusting the level of different pieces of music. In its second compression stage, POWAIR uses an innovative gain detection and reduction engine, capable of fast gain changes with minimal distortion and adaptive response to the source.
The unique Punch feature enables full control over the transients’ levels during the attack stage, making it possible to shape the transients’ lengths while keeping peak levels under control. And in an industry first, POWAIR features Adaptive Compression to maintain an average compression action, adding intensity and glue while keeping the natural dynamics of the recording.
- Novel, ultra-fast gain detection and reduction compression design
- K-weighted loudness auto-leveler
- Punch enables precise level control of transients during the attack period independent of attack time
- Adaptive Compression enables maintaining average compression for natural performance dynamics
- Machine learning-based perceived loudness auto makeup gain compensation
- Band-pass and band-reject side-chain filter
- External side-chain key input
- Mono, stereo and mid/side operation modes with continuously-variable compression link control
- ITU-R BS.1770.4-compliant LKFS and true-peak output level meters
- Mac: Intel Core CPU, 2GB RAM, OS X 10.7 or higher
- Windows: Intel Core CPU, 2GB RAM, graphics card supporting OpenGL 2.1, Windows 7 or higher
- Plug-in formats: AAX, Audio Unit, VST, VST3
The system requirements can be found in the product description or on the manufacturer's website.
This product requires an activation!
You can either "soft" activate on your computer without addditional hardware or transfer the license to an iLok USB dongle which has to be purchased separately. The iLok dongle can be used to run the protected software on different computers. Your licenses can be easily manged using the iLok Licence Manager. To protect your investment against theft or loss we recommend the iLok Zero Downtime protection with TLC.
An internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.