Essential Tuned Percussion
Starting off the Vital Series with Mallets, Vir2 presents a easy to use percussion library delivering highly detailed instruments for a wide musical range. The highest attention to detail was given in the recording of Mallets, offering dry, stereo samples with up to 4 velocity layers and 5 round robins per instrument.
Mallets' powerful GUI offers eight instruments on one patch to be edited, played, blended, and recorded together. No sub menus or separate patches. Mallets has all the controls you need at your fingertips!
Optimized for creative Layering - Each instrument is given its own controls with Mallet Type, Volume, Pan, Stereo Width, Octave Remapping, ADSR, and Extended Range. When engaged, Extended Range remaps the playable range of the instrument by stretching the lowest and highest mapped samples from C0 to C7. Additionally, Octave remapping gives users the ability to adjust the position of each instrument on the keyboard up and down by two octaves.
Modulate your Sound - Utilize the lower portion of the GUI to quickly apply your own LFO and global LowPass filter. Choose between four separate wave forms and four different LFO types.
Create Rolls and Add Effects - The Rolls creator allows you to generate and customize your own mallet rolls. Triggering one note will simulate two hands striking that single note, while triggering two notes will simulate the back and forth striking with two hands on the respective notes. Further craft your sound with the seven built-in effects including Tune, Equalizer, Distortion, Delay, Reverb, Transient Master, and Compressor.
- 8 instruments including Marimba, Xylophone, Glockenspiel, Tubular Bells, Glass Marimba, Song Bells, Vibraphone, and Crotales
- 6 different mallet types including Soft, Medium Soft, Medium Hard, Hard, Rods, Bow
- Dry, stereo samples with up to 4 velocity layers and 5 round robins
- 146 total presets: 24 natural, 22 natural rolls, 60 layered organic, and 40 layered processed
- All instruments in one patch for easy and creative layering
- Full Komplete Kontrol & Maschine integration
- Over 4GB of uncompressed content
The latest NI Kontakt Player is included in this product!
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
Download latest free Kontakt Player Windows (~ 450MB)
Download latest free Kontakt Player Mac INTEL (~ 600MB)
You want more?
This library qualifies for the reduced Crossgrade of full KONTAKT at Native Instruments.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 - 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 - 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 - 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12, 10.13 or 10.14 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
1GB free disk space
Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.