African drums, instruments & vocals
African Colours brings rare instruments, drums and vocals from South & North Africa to your fingertips. You can play solo instruments, patterns and phrases through Rast Sound's Kontakt engine or shape WAV files to your taste.
Playable rare instruments: You can play many solo multisample instruments, popular ones like Kalimba and Marimba or rare ones like Balafon, Kora, Ngoni and a handful of drums.
Authentic vocals: The library offers sounds from 2 vocal performers, playable phrases to patterns, words and extras. Performers are from Segou, Mali.
Wealth of patterns & phrases: The library comes with 288 patterns and phrases for all instruments, vocals and drums. You can mix these with the solo instruments to create textural and authentic pieces.
Kontakt Engine: Rast Sound's updated engine will help you shape sounds and play realistically with sample start randomisation, mono legato and more capabilities.
- 444 Samples
- 1GB Unzipped for Kontakt & WAV
- Vocals, Instruments & Drums
- Phrase Composer Tools & Wealth of Patterns
- Playable Solo Instruments for Kontakt (full ver. 5.8+)
Please notice: This library can not be used with the free Kontakt Player! To use this "Open Kontakt" format, you need a full version of Kontakt, which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
The minimum required Kontakt version number for this product is stated in the product description or can be found on the developer's website.
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 or 10.15 (latest update), i5, 4 GB RAM
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 2 GB RAM
4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)
- Mac OS X (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Windows (32/64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, AAX
If you require legacy installers of Kontakt Player please refer to this Knowledge Base Article.
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.