The Alto Flute in G is a transposing instrument which extends the flutes' lower tone range. There are two types: the straight shape and that with a curved headpiece. A straight-headed model was used for the recordings. The alto flute has a full, warm sound suggesting mystery especially in the lower range.
The Standard Library of the Download Instrument contains all of the Alto flute samples of the Vienna Special Edition and of the Special Edition PLUS as well as some additional articulations. The Full Library offers the complete articulations on par with the ones of the big DVD Collection Woodwinds II Extended Library. Please find a detailed list of included playing techniques under the menu item Sample Content.
If you have already registered a Special Edition product that contains the Alto flute, you can buy the download instrument Alto flute at a reduced price. Your personal discounts are displayed under the menu item Discount Details when you’re logged in.
Your purchase of Alto flute entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments software player as well as the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
The following reviews have been placed by customers who also bought this product from us. All reviews are provided through eKomi, Europe’s largest independent customer review company.
VSL Alto Flute with plenty of articulations. Easy to use and setup in Vienna Instruments player...probably the best sample player out there. Used for cinematic scoring....great tone
Ein Problem mit den Upgrades? Das Konzept der Upgrades sollte wie bei Neulizenzen sofort möglich sein, was aber nicht funktioniert.
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
• 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
• ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
• eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
• free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
• Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
• AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
• RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
• 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.