The classical Swing big-band ensemble includes 5 saxophones: 2 Altos, 2 Tenors and 1 Baritone. The Alto saxophone is very versatile and apart from taking the lead voice in big band scores is also a common solo instrument. The Alto saxophone is a transposing instrument in Eb, sounding a major 6th lower than it is notated. It became famous especially through musicians like Ornette Coleman and Charlie Parker.
The musician for all the instruments, Robert Bernhard, plays in illustrious circles. His experience in orchestral music is as profound as his improvisations in jazz, funk and blues. He has captured all the nuances of the Selmer Mark VI series instruments (reissues of the famous vintage saxes of the Sixties) – from sensitive to aggressive, from whispering to screaming, exploiting the full dynamic range of these instruments.
The Standard Library of the Download Instrument contains all of the Alto saxophone samples of the Vienna Special Edition and of the Special Edition PLUS as well as some additional articulations. The Full Library offers the complete articulations on par with the ones of the big DVD Collection Saxophones Extended Library. Please find a detailed list of included playing techniques under the menu item Sample Content.
If you have already registered a Special Edition product that contains the Alto saxophone, you can buy the download instrument Alto saxophone at a reduced price. Your personal discounts are displayed under the menu item Discount Details when you’re logged in.
Your purchase of Alto saxophone entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments software player as well as the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
* Upgrade discounts:
You already own Vienna Instruments? You can check in the shopping cart (after login) if you are entitled to a relevant VSL discount and apply it!
You own a Standard Library and want to upgrade to FULL by adding the Extended Library? Again, the Standard Library will be deducted in the shopping cart. Likewise when completing bundles.
Please note that all discounted custom orders have to be processed manually by us and therefore may take up to one business day.
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg compatible) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey or Steinberg eLicenser with your first VSL purchase. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.