This library features various types of bell and bell substitutes that are used in the orchestra: Tubular bells, plate bells, church bells, hand bells, cowbells (cencerros), burma bells, sleigh bells, altar-boy bells and more.
The tubular bells were originally developed as an easily portable substitute for church bells in the orchestra. They are arranged chromatically and cover a range of approx. two octaves. Although their sound was intended to be as close as possible to church bells, this target has never been reached. However, nowadays the timbre of the tubular bells is valued in its own right and particularly useful in the higher register, whereas the lower register is usually covered by the plate bells.
The Standard and Extended Libraries of the Download Instrument offer the complete samples and articulations on par with the ones of the big Vienna Instruments Collection Percussion. Please find a detailed list of included playing techniques under the menu item Sample Content.
Your purchase of Bells entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Please notice: To use the "Extended Library" you need to have the corresponding "Standard Library" already registred in your account."Standard Library" plus "Extended Library" result in a "Full Version"
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.