Big Bang Orchestra: Capricorn Symphonic Riffs
With BBO: Capricorn, Vienna Symphonic Library’s series of epic tutti recordings reaches further toward instant modern scoring with captivating riffs and patterns, played with exhilarating intensity by the entire Synchron Stage Orchestra. Johannes Vogel, composer, orchestrator and principal conductor at Synchron Stage Vienna, composed a wide variety of 4-bar phrases that can be combined to make hundreds of variations, from subdued tension patterns to angst-inducing marches or massive chase cues.
Orchestrated in the style of contemporary film scores, all phrases exhibit a driving rhythm and the glorious sound of a large symphonic orchestra that for many years has been serving clients from Hollywood and all over the world. The patches are organized in three main categories and can be easily accessed and combined using key switches:
- Main Themes: Presenting the entire tonal spectrum of the symphony orchestra
- Low Riffs: Played by the lower registers of strings, woodwinds and brass
- High Riffs: Played by the higher registers of strings, woodwinds and brass
Mix to the Max
All phrases are available in 120, 130 and 140 bpm on all root notes over up to two octaves, so you can not only combine main riffs, low riffs and high riffs of different phrases, but also of different root notes. What’s more, the large number of microphone positions and their availability in the full-fledged mixer of the Synchron Player allow for even more sonic flexibility and variation possibilities, inviting you to be creative and experiment.
With mixer presets such as “War Fanfare” or “String is King” you can emphasize certain sections of the orchestra. Room Mixes feature an excellent mix-down to stereo from the Decca tree and surround mic positions for a CPU and RAM-saving sound that’s perfectly balanced right out-of-the-box. Other Mixer Presets offer a combination of mic signals that you can adjust to your needs and liking, masterfully crafted by Synchron Stage Vienna’s Chief Recording Engineer, Bernd Mazagg. These include “Stereo Decca Tree” and “Surround to Stereo” that feed the surround mics to the stereo signal for a richer and wider sound. Also included are “Surround” presets for 3D audio setups, as well as a “Processed” category with presets such as “Close Big”, “Wide Big”, “Ambient Big”, “Massive”, “Lush”, “Vintage Tape” and many more.
It goes without saying that all Symphonic Riffs blend perfectly well with all other Big Bang Orchestra libraries and unleash even more power in combination with them. Never before has it been easier and quicker to create powerful and lively full-scale orchestra mock-ups!
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 16 GB RAM or more, depending on your registered products
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.