Dynamic software for creating and performing your musical ideas
Bitwig Studio is a modern, innovative software for music production and performance supporting all relevant PC operating systems (Windows, OS X, Linux). Bitwig Studio seamlessly combines the classic arrangement view with a performance-oriented clip launcher for free improvisation based on audio and instrument clips. The sophisticated user interface adapts intuitively to your workflows and requirements at any time.
What's new in version 3?
The Grid, a modular sound design environment sporting 154 modules and lightning-fast workflows
Poly Grid device: for creating synthesizers, sequenced patches, and more
FX Grid device: for creating audio FX with optional voice stacking
Automatic Project Backups, each time you re-save a project
Realtime Ruler, showing timelines in minutes and seconds
Ableton LINK version 3, supporting start/stop synchronization
Global GUI Contrast settings, making the interface pop on any monitor
Redesigned Instrument Inspector, offering polyphony, two mono voice modes, and more
VU Meters in Routing Choosers, showing the signal you are looking for
Reworked audio backends, sporting timing improvements on all platforms
The Grid is an open modular environment that powers a family of new devices in Bitwig Studio 3: Poly Grid and FX Grid. With a vast library of modules and a supersonic workflow, you’ll be creating your own unique sounds immediately, and in high-fidelity. Simply add a Grid device to your project and start patching. It’s fun!
The Grid includes
Fully-modular sound design
Fantastic sound quality
Any signal, anywhere
4x-oversampled, stereo signal path
Construct a polyphonic synthesizer from scratch in one session. Create an adaptive audio effect with your signature sound. Experiment with generative drones until you find a new way to perform. Or simply create the undefinable. Patching is effortless, giving full reign to your creativity.
- Professional digital audio workstation for Windows, MacOS and Linux
- Super-fast workflow for sound design, recording, live performance and more
- A complete package with over 80 instruments and effects
- More than 10 GB of premium sound content from Bitwig and selected partners
- Out-of-the-box support for standard audio interfaces and controllers
- Unique and highly flexible modulation system for unlimited creativity
- Fast switching between different projects
- Versatile functionality with hybrid tracks, arranger and mixer clip launcher
- Clip automation, Dynamic Inspector and much more
- Sandbox operation for plug-ins to protect your entire application from crashes
- Support for multitouch surfaces and up to 3 screens
- Open Controller API for own controller scripts
- Unlimited number of audio, MIDI and effect tracks
- Excellent hardware integration
- Multi-track recording and mixing
Win7 (64-Bit) or higher | Mac OSX 10.7 or higher | Ubuntu Linux 12 or higher
Dual Core CPU, 4 GB RAM, 9 GB HD, Internet connection
Supported Audio Formats: WAV, AIFF, MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC & OGG Vorbis
Supported Plugin-Formatds: VST2 / VST3
The system requirements can be found in the product description or on the manufacturer's website.
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.