THE Plugin Version of the Amp That Started it All
The great irony of the Fender® Bassman® is that it was primarily designed as a bass amplifier, and while it has certainly made a name for itself with bass players, it has become one of the most iconic guitar amplifiers ever made.
The Brainworx bx_bassdude delivers all of the tone and nuance of the original amp. Plugging in your guitar or running a track through the bx_bassdude and stepping through the presets is like taking a tour of rock and roll history as you’ll recognize tone after tone from hit records covering the last five decades. Guitar legends ranging from Stevie Ray Vaughn to Tom Petty to Brian Setzer have used these amps and now it’s your turn.
While the bx_bassdude, like the original amp, is primarily a guitar amp, it sounds great on basses too. This means you not only get great guitar tones, but by simply switching the plugin to “Bass Instrument” you can also warm up a bass track quickly and easily.
- Faithful reproduction of an early 1960’s Fender Blonde Bassman guitar/bass amp
- 35 impulse responses from multiple speaker cabinets recorded in a state of the art room with stellar gear.
- Bass and Instrument channels make it great for guitar or bass
- Record DI guitar or bass, then edit and process them in the DAW completely using the internal amp simulation, the recording chains and the FX Rack.
- World-Class guitar sound right on your desktop via faithful recreation of the most copied tube amp design in the history of rock and roll
- Features not found on the original amp include a Noise Gate, High/Low pass filters, a lo-fi delay effect and a newly developed Power Amp Simulation including on-board Power Soak.
Supported Operating Systems
- OS X 10.8 or higher
- Windows 7 or higher in 32- or 64 bit
Mac - Intel CPU only (minimum 2 GHz recommended)
PC - Intel-compatible CPU with SSE2 instruction set (Pentium 4 compatible or higher; minimum 2 GHz recommended)
- Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.