A simple but effective low latency Limiter
Brainworx designed the bx_limiter to be used on multiple busses to smooth things out and glue them together prior to running through a full blown mastering limiter, like the Brainworx bx_XL V2.
The “Channel Link” knob is a unique and powerful feature that allows you to blend between “Linked” mode where both channels are limited when the threshold is exceeded on either channel, and “Off” where only the channel on which the threshold was exceeded is limited. If, for example, you set the blend control at 50% and a signal exceeds the threshold only on the right channel, the gain on the left channel will be reduced by half as much as the right. This creates some powerful options to maximize loudness while maintaining an even sounding mix.
Recommended uses of the bx_limiter:
Traditional defeating of peaks - Simply lower the Threshold to stop peaks at a defined level.
Maximizing the Output level - Just boost Gain until the output level hits 0dB.
Loudness Maximizing - Add that extra dB of perceived loudness using the XL saturation.
Manage Stereo Material - Got cymbal crashes in one channel that are too hot? Dial the Channel Link knob all the way to “Off” to allow the limiter to grab just the peak on that channel and then dial it back towards “Link” until you achieve the desired balance between limiting the cymbal crash and relative channel levels
Sound Shaping / Extreme Effects - Drive signals or stems (i.e., grouped audio signals) into the limiter and saturate heavily without affecting your stem levels.
Parallel Dynamics & Saturation - Overdo the settings of the limiter and saturation effect and blend the original signal with the effected sound to create vintage drum & vocal sounds or special effects.
- CPU-friendly, highly accurate limiter for Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel signals
- Low Latency (2ms or less depending on sample rate & system)
- Mix control (Dry/Wet) lets you blend processed & unprocessed audio
- Channel Link knob lets you seamlessly blend between unlinked and linked peak detection
- Output Dim adjusts your output level conveniently in any mix session
- 1-Click Fader Link to drive signals into limiter while compensating for level
- XL = Saturation on board! Add that extra dB of perceived loudness
- 4 Settings per preset: automate complex settings
- 32 steps of Undo/Redo
- Adjustable Release Times
- Algorithms and features taken from the famous bx_XL V2 M/S Mastering Limiter!
Supported Operating Systems
- OS X 10.9 - 10.14
- Windows 7 or higher in 32- or 64 bit
Mac - Intel CPU only (minimum 2 GHz recommended)
PC - Intel-compatible CPU with SSE2 instruction set (Pentium 4 compatible or higher; minimum 2 GHz recommended)
- Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.