Brainworx Delivers the Tube Rectifier Tone
A select few guitar amps become legends by being a key sonic component of countless hit records and part of the signature tone of a myriad of revered guitarists. Mesa Boogie’s Dual Rectifier® is such an amp. Unlike other legendary amp circuits, this amp is not only known for a single sound but rather an incredibly wide range of tones- from jazzy cleans to warm crunch to singing overdrive to high gain sounds. Brainworx has now lovingly recreated this legend in plugin form with the bx_megadual.
Not only is the tonal soul of the original captured, but so are all the features which give it such a wide sonic pallet. With three separate channels, eight tone modes, the ability to simulate reduced voltage to the output transformer (Variac) and more, the bx_megadual is perhaps the most versatile guitar amp plugin emulation on the market.
The plugin version also includes some extremely useful features not found on the original amp including a noise gate, delay and power soak.
- Faithful reproduction of a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier guitar amp
- 60+ impulse responses with multiple speaker cabinets recorded in a state of the art room with stellar gear
- 3 Channels each featuring Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence and Master Volume
- 8 different tone modes: Channel 1 offers Clean or Pushed and Channels 2 & 3 offer Raw, Vintage or Modern
- The Bold/Spongy power switch emulates the original amp’s built-in Variac to get the loose feel of a sagging output transformer, and the Rectifier Select switches between vacuum tube and solid-state circuitry
- Delivers warm vintage Boogie tones and modern Rectifier metal mayhem
- Three full function channels with 8 separate tone modes provide wide tonal flexibility
- Record DI guitars, then edit and process them in the DAW completely using the internal amp simulation, the recording chains and the FX Rack.
- World-Class guitar sound right on your desktop via faithful recreation of a boutique tube amp
Mesa, Mesa Boogie and Dual Rectifier are registered trademarks of Mesa Engineering, Inc. bx_megadual was developed by Brainworx Music and Media GmbH based on its own modeling techniques. Mesa Engineering has not endorsed nor sponsored the bx_megadual in any manner, nor licensed any intellectual property for use in this product.
Supported Operating Systems
- OS X 10.8 or higher
- Windows 7 or higher in 32- or 64 bit
Mac - Intel CPU only (minimum 2 GHz recommended)
PC - Intel-compatible CPU with SSE2 instruction set (Pentium 4 compatible or higher; minimum 2 GHz recommended)
- Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.