Brainworx delivers the Single Rectifier Tone
The Single Rectifier® is much more than a stepped down version of its bigger brother, with its own rock n’ roll story to tell. Channel One features sparkling cleans you can punch up to crunch with the “pushed” switch. Channel Two is used for higher gain tones and features a Vintage/Modern switch to give you tonal flavors that span decades.
The bx_megasingle plugin includes 64 Impulse Responses (IRs), which include a dizzying array of guitar cabinets, high end microphones and other studio gear. Dirk Ulrich (Owner/CEO of Brainworx) was a rock producer for 15 years before entering the plugin business, working with musicians from bands like Dream Theater, Toto, Michael Jackson’s band and many more. He produced these IRs at the Brainworx studio using 3 different MEGA cabinets, 9 different high-end vintage and modern microphones all running through his NEVE VXS72 console (1 out of 9 consoles of this type which exist), and outboard EQs from Millennia, SPL and elysia. The resulting tones, which would take tons of gear, time and expertise to achieve, can be selected from a simple menu inside the plugin.
The plugin version also includes some extremely useful features not found on the original amp including a noise gate, delay and power soak.
- Faithful reproduction of a Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier guitar amp
- 60+ impulse responses with multiple speaker cabinets recorded in a state of the art room with stellar gear
- Rhythm and lead channels both with separate gain and master volume controls
- Separate 3-channel EQs for each channel
- Channel one (Rhythm) features Clean/Pushed gain modes, and Channel 2 (Lead) features Vintage (Raw/Modern) gain modes for a wide array of powerful tones
- Shimmer or growl on the Rhythm channel
- Shred or scream on the Lead channel
- Delivers warm vintage Boogie tones and modern Rectifier metal mayhem
- Dual full function channels let you dial in any two tones you want
- Record DI guitars, then edit and process them in the DAW completely using the internal amp simulation, the recording chains and the FX Rack.
- World-Class guitar sound right on your desktop via faithful recreation of a boutique tube amp
- Recording hardware preamps through the power amp simulation and Recording Chains.
Mesa, Mesa Boogie and Single Rectifier are registered trademarks of Mesa Engineering, Inc. bx_megasingle was developed by Brainworx Music and Media GmbH based on its own modeling techniques. Mesa Engineering has not endorsed nor sponsored the bx_megasingle in any manner, nor licensed any intellectual property for use in this product.
Supported Operating Systems
- OS X 10.8 or higher
- Windows 7 or higher in 32- or 64 bit
Mac - Intel CPU only (minimum 2 GHz recommended)
PC - Intel-compatible CPU with SSE2 instruction set (Pentium 4 compatible or higher; minimum 2 GHz recommended)
- Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.