The small string ensembles of the Chamber Strings I Collection present themselves as a full instrumental body rich in nuances. Tender or expressive, quiet or dynamic, light as a feather or energetic – with the help of the Vienna Instruments engine’s performance algorithms the ensembles’ liveliness magically unfolds when you play. The Chamber Strings I exude their flair for intimate arrangements in chamber music compositions or in divided string groups. Large string ensembles combined with the Chamber Strings I are enhanced by additional nuances and a wealth of variations.
In addition to the basic articulations such as legato, portamento legato, détaché, spiccato and the repetition performances this Vienna Instrument offers many rare gems such as “zigane” portamentos, articulations with harsh attacks, harmonics, marcato performances, a wealth of repetitions, and many others.
Chamber Strings I instruments: Violin ensemble (6 players), Viola ensemble (4 players), Cello ensemble (3 players) & Double bass ensemble (2 players)
Standard Library: Samples 21,619 | Download Files Size 16.4 GB | Installed File Size 29.0 GB
Full Library: Samples 58,955 | Download Files Size 16.4 GB | Installed File Size 29.0 GB
The following reviews have been placed by customers who also bought this product from us. All reviews are provided through eKomi, Europe’s largest independent customer review company.
also useful when arranging pop and rock
good sound, but cannot control the vibrato
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
• 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
• ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
• eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
• free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
• Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
• AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
• RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
• 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.