Professional channel strip for the Console 1 ecosystem
The Zener-Bender for Console 1 combines in one channel strip the crisp and colorful character of the Curve Bender Mastering Equalizer with the big, punchy Zener Limiter to bring class, history, and most crucially of all, a phenomenal sonic impact. Component-modeled with Softube's customary care and experience, the sound of these units together can take charge of any mix.
The Curve Bender's filters, for example, can be placed before an existing Console 1 shape section, while the Zener’s THD circuit occupies Console 1's drive section as a processor unto itself – making the Zener-Bender sonically assured in Console 1, while allowing you the feel and workflow of dedicated hardware. A winning combination.
Features / Technical Details
- THD circuit of the Zener limiter
- EQ section of the Curve Bender
- THD and EQ as independent processors in the Console 1 ecosystem
- Low EQ (Bell, Cut, Shelf): 35, 50, 70, 91, 150, 200, 300Hz +/-15dB
- Low Mid EQ (Bell): 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.8, 1.2, 1.8, 2.8, 3.6kHz +/-15dB
- High Mid EQ (Bell): 0.8, 1.2, 1.8, 2.8, 3.6, 4.2, 6.5, 8.1kHz +/-15dB
- High EQ (Bell, Cut, Shelf): 3.6, 4.2, 6.5, 8.1, 10, 12, 16, 20kHz +/-15dB
Tracing the heritage of the Chandler Limited® Zener-Bender is like discovering an imperial family tree. The roots of the Chandler sound are in EMI consoles, used at Abbey Road from the 60s onwards to record some of the most seminal albums of all time, by the likes of Pink Floyd and The Beatles. And right up to the present day the Curve Bender and Zener Limiter are being used in both hardware and plug-in form by top producers and engineers across records by world-leading artists such as Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, The White Stripes, Foo Fighters, Taylor Swift, and more.
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
- Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading the plug-in (s) and managing the license(s)
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
*Please Note: Pro Tools 10 is not officially qualified by Avid higher than OS X 10.8
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?
This product requires an activation!
You can either "soft" activate on your computer without addditional hardware or transfer the license to an iLok USB dongle which has to be purchased separately. The iLok dongle can be used to run the protected software on different computers. Your licenses can be easily manged using the iLok Licence Manager. To protect your investment against theft or loss we recommend the iLok Zero Downtime protection with TLC.
An internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.
Please check with the software manufacturer which iLok version is required at least if you want to use a hardware iLok!