The clarinet was integrated into the symphony orchestra during the Viennese Classic period in the second half of the 18th century. Today the instrument is commonly used as a solo instrument as well as in chamber music, concert bands, military bands and marching bands in almost all styles, ranging from classical repertoire to folk music, to klezmer and jazz.
If you have already purchased Clarinet in Bb (included in Woodwinds I Collection) that features the more “classical” playing style, this German-system instrument is the perfect addition. VSL has not only recorded many vibrato articulations but also bends and falls that are triggered as release samples for utmost realism. What’s more, a unique highlight is the extensive set of almost 300 looped “multiphonic sounds”, both with two and multiple voices, opening an entirely new field for creating progressive and experimental soundscapes. These recordings were based on the book “Multiphonics” by Gerhard Krassnitzer and the patch names within the Vienna Instruments / Vienna Instruments PRO player correspond with the respective sound numbers described in this book.
Your purchase of the Clarinet (Bb) 2 entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
|Standard Library||Full Library|
|Download File Size||4,6 GB||4,6 GB|
|Installed File Size||7,3 GB||7,3 GB|
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
• 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
• ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
• eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
• free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
• Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
• AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
• RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
• 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in the box of any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.