The clarinet was integrated into the symphony orchestra during the Viennese Classic period in the second half of the 18th century. Today the instrument is commonly used as a solo instrument as well as in chamber music, concert bands, military bands and marching bands in almost all styles, ranging from classical repertoire to folk music, to klezmer and jazz.
If you have already purchased Clarinet in Bb (included in Woodwinds I Collection) that features the more “classical” playing style, this German-system instrument is the perfect addition. VSL has not only recorded many vibrato articulations but also bends and falls that are triggered as release samples for utmost realism. What’s more, a unique highlight is the extensive set of almost 300 looped “multiphonic sounds”, both with two and multiple voices, opening an entirely new field for creating progressive and experimental soundscapes. These recordings were based on the book “Multiphonics” by Gerhard Krassnitzer and the patch names within the Vienna Instruments / Vienna Instruments PRO player correspond with the respective sound numbers described in this book.
Your purchase of the Clarinet (Bb) 2 entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
Standard Library: Samples 4.165 | Download Files Size 4,6 GB | Installed File Size 7,3 GB
Full Library: Samples 12.602 | Download Files Size 4,6 GB | Installed File Size 7,3 GB
* Upgrade discounts:
You already own Vienna Instruments? You can check in the shopping cart (after login) if you are entitled to a relevant VSL discount and apply it!
You own a Standard Library and want to upgrade to FULL by adding the Extended Library? Again, the Standard Library will be deducted in the shopping cart. Likewise when completing bundles.
Please note that all discounted custom orders have to be processed manually by us and therefore may take up to one business day.
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg compatible) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey or Steinberg eLicenser with your first VSL purchase. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.