The Vienna Concert Guitar is the only one of its kind. This hand-made instrument was specially constructed with an arched back put together from several pieces of wood. Its balanced, homogeneous sound allows it to stand its ground as a solo instrument as well as in accompaniment.
Due to its polyphonic nature, the concert guitar presented a special challenge. Specifically, chords only sounded authentic when the chords themselves were sampled! After a three year production cycle for the orchestral sample libraries, the Vienna Symphonic Library team felt ready to take up this challenge, capturing all of the concert guitar’s versatility and its many playing techniques. The samples were “tamed” and made reproducible with the help of Vienna Symphonic Library’s unique Vienna Instruments algorithms.
The Vienna Concert Guitar became a reality through a combination of individual prerequisites: The project’s godfather, Thomas Meitz, in the framework of his concert guitar diploma, spent 1 1/2 years on developing the Library’s structure. Due to his practical background as a recording engineer and chief editing engineer of the Vienna Symphonic Library, he was able to realize his concept optimally and without compromise.
The following reviews have been placed by customers who also bought this product from us. All reviews are provided through eKomi, Europe’s largest independent customer review company.
Konzert Gitarre - schöne Samples.
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
• 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
• ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
• eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
• free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
• Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
• AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
• RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
• 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in the box of any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.