The Vienna Concert Guitar is the only one of its kind. This hand-made instrument was specially constructed with an arched back put together from several pieces of wood. Its balanced, homogeneous sound allows it to stand its ground as a solo instrument as well as in accompaniment.
Due to its polyphonic nature, the concert guitar presented a special challenge. Specifically, chords only sounded authentic when the chords themselves were sampled! After a three year production cycle for the orchestral sample libraries, the Vienna Symphonic Library team felt ready to take up this challenge, capturing all of the concert guitar’s versatility and its many playing techniques. The samples were “tamed” and made reproducible with the help of Vienna Symphonic Library’s unique Vienna Instruments algorithms.
The Vienna Concert Guitar became a reality through a combination of individual prerequisites: The project’s godfather, Thomas Meitz, in the framework of his concert guitar diploma, spent 1 1/2 years on developing the Library’s structure. Due to his practical background as a recording engineer and chief editing engineer of the Vienna Symphonic Library, he was able to realize his concept optimally and without compromise.
* Upgrade discounts:
You already own Vienna Instruments? You can check in the shopping cart (after login) if you are entitled to a relevant VSL discount and apply it!
You own a Standard Library and want to upgrade to FULL by adding the Extended Library? Again, the Standard Library will be deducted in the shopping cart. Likewise when completing bundles.
Please note that all discounted custom orders have to be processed manually by us and therefore may take up to one business day.
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg compatible) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey or Steinberg eLicenser with your first VSL purchase. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.