Lush, intimate and larger than life
Handpicked Chamber String Ensemble playing essential articulations with focus on a unique vintage sound. Version 2 adds brandnew True Polyphonic Legato Ensembles as well as a more accessible User Interface.
About Cornucopia Strings 2
Cornucopia is the “horn of plenty” (from Latin – cornu copiae) - a symbol of abundance and nourishment. For Cornucopia Strings 2 a chamber string ensemble (6-5-4-3-2) was recorded and sampled comprising the best string players in Bulgaria - all leading players in the Sofia Session Orchestra.
The very special characteristic that makes Cornucopia stand out to other string libraries on the market is its sound. At its first release in 2013 Cornucopia quickly gained a huge amount of fans due to its unique, almost vintage, tone. The strings were recorded in their real orchestral seating position (violins to the left, celli and basses to the right) in Druzhba hall – the same hall “Storm Choir” was recorded in. The subtle natural ambience of the space brought the samples to life without compromising the tonal clarity.
With a fully sampled dynamic range from piano to forte, Cornucopia can be used very well in different contexts. According to the philosophy of Strezov Sampling Cornucopia didn't receive a lot of post processing. However after some careful investigations single notes were tuned for the 2.0 update to ensure better playability and consistency.
New True Polyphonic Legato Content
The old Cornucopia had only full Tutti and seperate Basses articulations. Listening to the requests of users two brandnew true polyphonic legato patches were added with special focus on the concept of the library. The first one consists of 1st, 2nd Violins and Violas playing in Octaves with muted strings (con sordino). The second patch ensembles the Celli and Basses in Octaves also playing con sordino. Although all strings were recorded con sordino and the ensemble size is relatively small the captured sound turned out to be pretty massive and therefore is also perfect for Hybrid Score Productions.
As with Rhodope Ethnic Bulgarian Choir Exp A our new true polyphonic legato script not only allows you to hold down chords and continue playing, but also does intelligent voice leading when you play chords. For a detailed demonstration of this please make sure to watch the walkthrough video covering this feature in more detail.
- Chamber String Ensembles (6-5-4-3-2)
- Leading String Players of the Sofia Session Orchestra
- Unique vintage string sound
- Tutti and seperate Bass articulations
- New True Polyphonic Legato Articulations
- Up to 5 Microphone Positions
- Optimized patches with direct access to all articulations
- Niente feature for seamless fade outs
- No compression
Full Kontakt version 4 or later required
TUTTI (1st, 2nd Violins, Violas and Celli)
- Tutti Trills – whole tone / half tone trills
- Tutti Tremolo – ordinary tremolo, two dynamics
- Tutti Tremolo Sul Ponticello – tremolo, played near the 'bridge' of the instrument
- Tutti Sus – ordinary sustained notes, two dynamics
- Tutti Sordino Sus – sustained 'con sordino' – warm and gentle tone, two dynamics
- Tutti Spicc – short articulation, played in the middle of the bow, without efford
- Tutti Stacc – short articulation, sounds bigger than “Spicc”, two dynamics
- Tutti Sfz – sforzando, playing with a sudden, strong emphasis; option of stacc. overlay
- Tutti Pizz – pizzicato, short articulation, two dynamics
- Tutti FX – clusters, atonal textures, avant-garde effects
- Bass Tremolo – ordinary tremolo, two dynamics
- Bass Tremolo Sul Ponticello – tremolo, played near the 'bridge' of the instrument, two dynamics
- Bass Sus – ordinary sustained notes, two dynamics
- Bass Sord Sus – sustained notes, 'con sordino' – warm and gentle tone, two dynamics
- Bass Stacc – short articulation, two dynamics
- Bass Sfz – sforzando, played with a strong emphasis; option of stacc. overlay
- Bass Pizz – pizzacato, short articulation, two dynamics
- Bass FX – clusters, atonal textures, avant-garde effects
TRUE POLYPHONIC LEGATO
- High Strings True Polyphonic Legato - con sordino, in full Octaves
- Low Strings True Polyphonic Legato - con sordino, in full Octaves
- 4 Vln FFF Divisi Marc – first chair violins (a total of 4 players) playing with a very exaggerated vibrato
Batman: Arkham Knight, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Parker
"StormChoir has a mighty sound that adds a real extra layer of intensity to proceedings. Not only that but it is extremely easy to use right out of the box. Job done!"
After Earth, The Dark Knight Rises, Expendables 2, Iron Man 3
"Because of your libraries I can write like I'm writing for a live session."
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands Videogame, Transformers Videogame
"I love the approach of the Strezov Sampling team - they not only try to preserve the rawness of the live recording, but make inspiring and experimental products like the Aleatoric Modular Series or the Rhodope Ethnic Bulgarian Choir! I highly recommend their sample libraries!"
Fear the Walking Dead, Underworld, Crank, Shoot 'Em Up, Halt and Catch Fire
"Being a lifelong fan of the Eastern European music tradition, I am so grateful to Strezov Sampling for making parts of that rich vocabulary available as sampling libraries and instrument designs. They are made with the 'working composer' in mind, and have a unique, direct sound character."
Phantom, God of War III, Exit Wounds, Traffic
"Strezov is a brilliant sampling artist. There is a level of musicality and detail that is incredibly impressive."
Mass Effect, Baldur's Gate Enhanced, Fates Forever
"Storm Choir 2 and Thunder 2 played such an important role in my most recent fantasy RPG project. It's been difficult for me to find a choir library that's not only huge-sounding, but also well-programmed, and Storm Choir 2 really fits the bill. It's become my go-to library when I need a power choir!"
Pacific Rim, Gotham, Sherlock Holmes, Crysis 2
"The Strezov Sampling Team has definitely filled a gap in the sampling world! What really blew me away was Storm Choir II which easily has become my go to choir sample library when it comes to epic choral arrangements ... and it never get's replaced!"
Using this library requires a full version of Native Instruments' "Kontakt"!
Please notice: This library can not be played with the free "Kontakt Player"! To use this "Open Kontakt" format, you need a full version of "Kontakt", which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 - 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 - 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 - 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.15 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12 - 10.15 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
1GB free disk space
Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
For your own protection this library is provided as individual personalized files including a
Digital Water Mark - DWM!