Cymbals are available in different sizes with diameters of 16“ to 22“, and take on various forms and sound characteristics, such as ride cymbals, crash cymbals, splash cymbals, China cymbals or sizzle cymbals. A pair of cymbals (cymbals a-due) is sounded by striking one plate against the other, while suspended cymbals are struck with sticks or (felt) mallets. The distinctive, piercing sound of cymbals is easily heard over a full fortissimo-playing orchestra. For this reason cymbals are used very economically for punctuating highlights or accents in the music.
The triangle (in latin: triangulum) is named for its form of an equilateral triangle with an open end on one corner. The instrument is played with a short steel rod, and despite its small size its sound is even more piercing than the cymbals’ and can be easily heard over the full orchestra.
An interesting sonic addition to the cymbals is the waterphone, a unique musical instrument that produces hauntingly ethereal sounds similar to the calls of humpback whales or the eerie sounds produced by the theremin, evoking mystery and suspense.
|Standard Library||Full Library|
|Download File Size||403,6 MB||1.9 GB|
|Installed File Size||1.3 GB||6.2 GB|
The following reviews have been placed by customers who also bought this product from us. All reviews are provided through eKomi, Europe’s largest independent customer review company.
Die Qualität des Instrumentes ist einfach super. Danke VSL
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
• 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
• ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
• eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
• free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
• Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
• AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
• RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
• 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.