Muted & Epic Brass Ensembles
Introducing the newest addition to Vienna’s revolutionary “Dimension” series of ensemble instrument collections. Vienna Dimension Brass II complements the original Vienna Dimension Brass I with muted ensembles and a brand new Wagner tuba ensemble.
- Trumpet ensemble (4 muted trumpets in Bb)
- Horn ensemble* (4 muted French horns)
- Trombone ensemble (4 muted tenor trombones)
- Wagner tuba ensemble (4 players)
In addition to the three muted brass ensembles of four players each (trumpets, trombones, French horns) this Vienna Instruments Collection includes a unique ensemble of four Wagner tubas that you’ll scarcely find on any other library!
As with Vienna Dimension Brass I, the players of these ensembles were recorded in groups using dedicated microphones for each of the four players, resulting in a homogenous sound while still allowing direct (individual) access to each voice.
While the Standard Library includes all basic articulations, the Full Library now offers an additional set of all-new articulations for the horn, trumpet and trombone ensembles, providing even more variations, nuances and possibilities of expression. The new performance glissandos were recorded up to a tritone for the trombones and even up to an octave for the trumpets and French horns. They can be seamlessly combined with the legato performances. The new medium sustained notes are available in six dynamic layers and are not looped, providing the instruments’ all-natural decay. You may crossfade between different dynamic layers by using a continuous controller in order to get natural and seamless transitions – from a mellow tone color to an assertive, stinging brass sound and back. What’s more, the Vienna team added recorded crescendos and diminuendos of one, two, and three seconds length that are absolutely crucial when it comes to ultra-realistic brass performances. Last but not least, the new long portatos of approximately half a second in length fill the gap between the existing short and long sustained notes.
- Crescendo and diminuendo, 2/3/4 sec.
- Fortepiano, sforzato, sforzatissimo
- Flutter tonguing normal and crescendo
- Legato and trill performances
- Repetition performances legato, portato, staccato, normal and crescendo
- Fast repetitions, 16ths at 140–180, and 200 BPM
- Portato long
- Medium sustains pp – mp
- Medium sustains mf – ff
- Glissando Performances
- Crescendo Light 1 sec.
- Crescendo Light 2 sec.
- Crescendo Light 3 sec.
- Diminuendo Light 1 sec.
- Diminuendo Light 2 sec.
- Diminuendo Light 3 sec.
Although the product works with Vienna’s free Vienna Instruments player (included) we recommend using Vienna Instruments PRO in order to enjoy the full benefits of these multi-dimensional samples.
SoundOnSound 5 stars
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
• Mac OS 10.10 (or newer), Intel Core 2 Duo
• 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
• ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
• eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net
• free hard drive space according to the library size
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
• Mac OS 10.12 (or newer), i5/i7/Xeon
• Optimum performance in combination with Vienna Instruments PRO
• Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
• AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
• RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
• 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.