Combined Lowpass and VCA Modul for Softube Modular
Ever since the low pass gate was invented by Don Buchla, low pass gates have been heralded for their ability to add a lifelike and organic response and textures to modular synth patches. Doepfer A-101-2 Vactrol LPG adds this and more to your Modular patches.
Organic, buttery, warm, woody, rubbery, musical, natural, acoustic - these are words that commonly describe the character a low pass gate module can add to synth patches..
A Classic Concept Extended
Originally, the low pass gate is an invention by legendary synth pioneer Don Buchla. Doepfer has expanded on the concept by adding clever features, not least the Resonance control which can add anything from a subtle nuance to screaming resonance, and further into self-oscillation.
The hardware Doepfer LPG modules are based on vactrols, just like opto compressors. The response time of these can vary wildly, which is part of the LPG charm. Softube's plug-in version of the Doepfer LPG adds the Vact switch which is not part of the original hardware. This lets the user select between a fast, medium or slow response time, to cover the variation between individual analog units.
Expertly Made Presets
The release includes over thirty new and inspiring presets that puts the Doepfer LPG to excellent use in your Modular rack.
- Combination of low-pas filter (LP) and VCA
- Based on the idea of the Buchla module 292
- Switchable functions: LP, VCA or LP+VCA
- Sounds like its hardware counterpart
- More flexible than the hardware through vactrol switch (different response times)
- True dynamic circuit-emulation by Softube
- Softube Modular not included
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
- Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading the plug-in (s) and managing the license(s)
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
*Please Note: Pro Tools 10 is not officially qualified by Avid higher than OS X 10.8
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?
This product requires an activation!
You can either "soft" activate on your computer without addditional hardware or transfer the license to an iLok USB dongle which has to be purchased separately. The iLok dongle can be used to run the protected software on different computers. Your licenses can be easily manged using the iLok Licence Manager. To protect your investment against theft or loss we recommend the iLok Zero Downtime protection with TLC.
An internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.