Atmospheres, pads & textures ranging from pure and airy to distorted and dark
Enter a world of utopian futurism with the eighth module in Gothic Instruments’ popular DRONAR series of atmosphere creation tools – ‘Metal & Glass’. Recorded and processed by movie trailer sound designer Alessandro Camnasio, DRONAR Metal and Glass was derived from hitting and bowing glass and metal objects and results in a collection of sounds that can range from pure and airy to distorted and dark.
Easily craft disquieting, anxiety-inducing audio for your latest thriller, sci-fi or horror production or forge interesting textures for your cinematic orchestral music or ambient tracks. Either way, your audio will enter unexplored territories that can’t fail to impinge on your listeners’ emotions.
- Expressive atmospheric sound creator
- Includes 235 .nki presets
- 2,544 samples
- Total library size 4.65 GB compressed from 7GB
- Developed for the full (paid for) version of Kontakt 5.7.3 or higher
- Evolving, rich and complex soundscapes, pads and textures that would otherwise take hours to create
- Sounds range from pure and airy to distorted and dark
- The perfect companion with DRONAR Hybrid or Cinematic Atmospheres
- Highly suitable for thriller, sci-fi and horror soundtracks
- Interesting textures great for cinematic orchestral music and ambient tracks.
- Expert and beginner friendly
- 5 pages of simple controls deliver massive control
- Dive deeper with DRONAR's unique independent arpeggiators
- Onboard FX provide further sound design options
Broken cymbals, Tibetan bowls, marbles, bottles, chains, magnets, windchimes, nails and more were "played" with a cello bow, hit with sticks, mallets or played against each other to form the raw audio for this collection. The sounds were then processed with granular synthesis, time-stretching, convolution, resonant filters, pitch-shifters and many other effects, such as delays, flangers, phasers, distortion, reverbs.
Who´s it for?
With its ability to produce foreboding atmospheres and soundscapes, DRONAR Metal and Glass is ideal for composers creating soundtracks for thrillers, sci-fi, mystery, dramatic documentaries and sophisticated horror productions. Anyone producing cinematic orchestral music or ambient tracks will also find this module extremely useful for creating unusual, interesting pads and textures.
Users of DRONAR Hybrid or Cinematic Atmospheres modules in particular, will find that they can extend their sonic possibilities with seamless blending of Metal and Glass’s sounds.
Using this library requires a full version of Native Instruments' "Kontakt"!
Please notice: This library can not be played with the free "Kontakt Player"! To use this "Open Kontakt" format, you need a full version of "Kontakt", which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 - 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 - 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 - 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12, 10.13 or 10.14 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
1GB free disk space
Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.