Intimate, unique-sounding piano
CATTANEO Upright Piano is an intimate, unique-sounding piano which is simply perfect for songwriting, indie/pop and introspective scoring. With its HUMAN layer, real samples of pedal-sustained notes that get engaged whenever you use your midi sustain pedal (together with press/release noises responding to it when activated), you’ll feel like you were playing the real instrument.
Additionally you can engage 2 sound design layers to add swells and analog distortion, and one extra color layer, created by sampling a vintage claviharp. Use them combined or solo to achieve unique, surprising results.
Engage the cassette tape noises and wobble FX to enter a lo-fi world, add rhythm and movement with the arpeggiator, top-class reverb algorithms, delay, and 3 built-in pedal FX with 6 different FX types to choose. All you need to create beautiful piano music and beyond.
All around Cattaneo is about space, minimalism, elegance and gesture. No matter if it’s music, sound experimentation, filmmaking or decorative art, style and attention for details are his motto.
Paolo Cattaneo is an Italian musician, songwriter, electronic performer and instrument collector and builder.
He published 5 acclaimed albums and EPs, one of which produced by Hugo Race, legendary guitarist of Nick Cave. He’s also a member of electronic duo Jay Perkins.
"We joint-ventured with this wonderful artist to create a new signature series and capture some of the sounds that captured us in the first place: we spent days in his beautiful studio in Italy to sample his unique upright piano, his modified and “augmented” electric piano and lots of little instruments, like a vintage claviharp and other gems for future releases."
- Size (Uncompressed): 10,13 GB
- Samples: 4996 (ncw format)
5 Mixable Channels:
- PIANO: main sound
- HUMAN: human performance noises
- SWELL: swells
- RUST: distortion
- COLOR: claviharp
FX and controls:
- ATTACK: customize the attack to your taste
- REVERB: choose between 6 top-class algorithms
- DELAY chose your delay type (Normal/Ping-Pong), time subdivision menu and level.
- SUSTAIN PEDAL Volume: if you engage it, it reacts to your midi sustain pedal sounding like a real one.
- TAPE SECTION: turn your electric piano into a lo-fi gem
- Tape Noises: choose between 6 samples cassette tape hiss types
- Wobble: add wobbling to get those typical, random detuning effects
- 3 FX PEDALS with 6 FX types each to choose between Eq, Compression, Saturation, Chorus, Phaser and Leslie
*Yellow keys are percussive piano sounds.
Requires Kontakt Full Version 6.6.1+ (not compatible with the free Kontakt Player)
Please notice: This library can not be used with the free Kontakt Player! To use this "Open Kontakt" format, you need a full version of Kontakt, which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
The minimum required Kontakt version number for this product is stated in the product description or can be found on the developer's website.
- macOS 10.14 or higher
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or Apple M1 (native)
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Windows 10 or higher
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or similar CPU
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Mac (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, VST3, AU, AAX
- Windows (64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, VST3, AAX
If you require legacy installers of Kontakt Player please refer to this Knowledge Base Article.
To use Kontakt Player Libraries you need to register with www.native-instruments.com. To use the Pulse Downloader you also need to register with www.pulsedownloader.com.
This product requires an activation!
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.