The Ultimate Pro Horn Collection
Vir2 is proud to present MOJO 2: Horn Section, their biggest and most advanced instrument to date! After the release of the hugely successful MOJO: Horn Section, they knew its sequel had to build upon the already advanced sampling and playability of the first volume. Vir2 went back to the drawing board, fully redesigned the instrument, and recorded all brand new samples.
MOJO 2 delivers the most flexible and innovative approach to Pop, Funk, Jazz, and Big Band horns ever created in a virtual instrument with an incredibly simple but feature-packed interface. After years of development by an amazingly talented team, Vir2 is proud to release the premier horn section of the decade.
Craft the perfect Horn Section
Vir2 recorded 13 different brass and reed instruments for MOJO 2 to fulfill any horn need you’ll encounter. Each horn comes with 13 different articulations including Sustains, Staccato, Stabs, Bend Down, Octave Run Down & Up, Doits, Rise To Hit, Shakes, Trills, Swells, Crescendos, and Falls, as well as up to four velocity layers and three round robins.
True Legato - With Legato Mode you can play the most realistic melodies possible. We meticulously recorded the transition period between each and every note, allowing you to play beautiful horn lines that sound truly lifelike.
A Full Horn Ensemble - MOJO 2 lets you instantly adjust from 1 to 10 players per instrument to add extra depth and power to your performance. Further parameters give you control over the humanization and stereo spread of the ensemble.
Customize Your Sound - Blend the three available mic positions (close, near, and room) to get the perfect mix. Utilize keynoise overlay to introduce the sound of the musician's interaction with the instrument, and tailor the horns with an extensive FX suite.
Music Through The Ages
There are four unique Era modes which act as time machines, effortlessly transporting all thirteen included horns from one iconic era to the next. Era settings include: Modern, Retro (60’s-70’s), Vintage 1 (40’s-50’s), and Vintage 2 (20’s-30’s).
Performance Page - The Performance page offers both global and articulation-specific controls. Dive into the customization of how the horn parts are played and how the sound is shaped with powerful controls over volume, release length, legato, sustain vibrato (real and simulated), pitch bend range, keynoise, round robins, and more.
Mixer Page - The Mixer page includes controls for all three mic positions: close, near, and room, as well as a full mix option (a pre-mix of all three mic positions for an easier memory load). Also, control your ensemble settings here with options from 1 to 10 players for a fuller sound.
Effects Page - All the included effects have been specifically curated for MOJO 2 to ensure you get the best possible results. Control the EQ, Cabinet, Saturation, Tape Saturator, Compressor, Limiter, Delay, and Reverb, each with their own specific parameters and presets.
Key Mapping Page - Customize the keyboard layout and change how and where the different articulations and release samples are triggered. It has never been easier for an instrument to integrate with your workflow!
- 13 brass & reed instruments: Alto Sax, Baritone Sax, Tenor Sax, Soprano Sax, Clarinet, Flugelhorn, French Horn, Trombone, Bass Trombone, Muted Trombone, Trumpet, Piccolo Trumpet, and Muted Trumpet
- 13 articulations per instrument: Sustains, Staccato, Stabs, Bend Down, Octave Run Down & Up, Doits, Rise To Hit, Shakes, Trills, Swells, Crescendos, and Falls
- 169 single articulation patches
- Speed knob for controlling articulation speed
- Four Era presets for retro, vintage, and modern sounds
- 3 separate mic positions: close, near, and room
- Additional Full Mix - a processed stereo mix of the 3 mic positions for an easier memory load
- Recorded with True Legato for the most realistic performances possible
- Ensemble settings for 1 to 10 players per instrument with auto divisi option
- Up to 4 velocity layers and 3 round robins
- Dozens of presets for creative starting points
- 9 powerful effects for further customization
- Unique and intuitive GUI
- Full Komplete Kontrol & Maschine integration
- Includes the standalone Kontakt Player 5
- Nearly 100GB of uncompressed sample content
Features in Version 2.0
After over a year of development, Vir2 is proud to present their largest update ever: MOJO 2: Horn Section 2.0! Vir2 rebuilt the instrument from the ground up, updating and improving the original samples, and adding a whole host of exciting new features and instruments!
- All samples remixed
- Additional legato modes & updated regular legato
- Legato modes added to Stabs & Crescendos
- Additional Muted Bass Trombone (Simulated)
- Additional Muted Flugelhorn (Simulated)
- Additional Muted French Horn (Simulated)
- Additional Muted Piccolo Trumpet (Simulated)
- Additional flutter tongue articulation
- Improved simulated vibrato
- Additional wah effect for muted instruments
- Additional trill samples from minor 2nd to major 3rd
Designed for Komplete Kontrol
MOJO 2: Horn Section has been designed for seamless integration with the Komplete Kontrol and Maschine, offering you a unique hands-on experience. Manipulate MOJO 2’s interface using the controls of all NKS compatible hardware.
Kontakt version 5.8.1 required
This product requires the free Native Instruments Kontakt Player, the latest version can be downloaded through Native Access, Native Instrument’s download manager!
The minimum required Kontakt version for this product is stated in the product description or can be found on the manufacturers website.
- macOS 10.14 or higher
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or Apple M1 (native)
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Windows 10 or higher
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or similar CPU
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Mac (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, VST3, AU, AAX
- Windows (64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, VST3, AAX
If you require legacy installers of Kontakt Player please refer to this Knowledge Base Article.
Vir2 (by Big Fish) products require you to register with the manufacturer at www.bigfishaudio.com to activate your license. To use Kontakt Player Libraries you also need to register with www.native-instruments.com.
This product requires an activation!
This product requires Native Access for installation, registration and activation. Start the Native Access-Software and log in using your Native Instruments credetials to start the setup.
To sucesfully activate your product Native Access requires a working internet connection.
An Offline Activation on a different computer is Not Available with this product.