Modern update to the original Shreddage virtual instrument
Shreddage 3 Legacy is a modern update of the original, groundbreaking Shreddage virtual instrument, first released in 2010. This instrument set a new standard, showcasing stunning realism for high-gain rock & metal rhythm parts. Composers and producers have long enjoyed its aggressive 6-string tone, which features a popular "Standard" guitar. However, the original instrument had a somewhat limited sample pool, lacking per-fret sampling and the note range to perform convincing leads.
That all changes with Shreddage 3 Legacy. Using state-of-the-art tools and a pinch of audio magic, Impact Soundworks have taken the original sample pool and expanded it via meticulous offline pitch-shifting to cover every fret on all six strings. The result is a far more playable instrument that can now perform strums and leads - not just chunky rhythm parts!
Now, combined with the power of the Shreddage 3 engine and Console FX rack, you can compose and perform using the original, unmatched Shreddage guitar tone with more features and realism than ever. Full NKS integration and Total Articulation Control Technology (TACT) also give you the tools to fully customize the instrument just the way you want it.
Welcome to the next generation of virtual guitar instruments!
Console: Modular FX Rack and Mixer
Console is Impact Soundworks' new mixer, modular effects rack, and pedal board, designed to give you full control over your virtual guitar tone. Unlike their previous FX racks, which were limited to a small amount of preset modules, Console gives you 30 effects modules to choose from!
These include multiple EQs (digital and analog-style), compressors, spatial FX, modulation FX, amps, distortion pedals, reverbs, and a selection of over 30 custom cabinet IRs recorded just for Shreddage 3! These cabs cover all the most important sounds you would want, with both dynamic & condenser mics in multiple positions plus a ribbon mic for certain models.
Using Console, you can easily save and load FX chains or presets between projects or even different Shreddage 3 products. It also allows you to mix and blend between guitar pickups, with custom inserts on each if you'd like.
Total Articulation Control Technology (TACT) 2.0
Shreddage 3 Legacy includes an updated version of TACT, allowing you to customize how all articulations are mapped and triggered! Everyone has their own preferences for how to perform or write for virtual guitar, and with TACT you can create the perfect setup for your DAW.
- Greatly expanded sample set from Shreddage 1
- 6 strings, low string drop tuned to Bb
- Sustains, powerchords, palm mutes
- Staccatos, grace note slides
- Harmonics, pinch harmonics, tapping, FX
- Hammer-on/pull-off, portamento
- Tremolo, fingered vibrato
- Unpitched & pitched release noises
- Rakes, muted chokes, DI line noise
- Cutting edge virtual guitarist engine
- Beautiful, expanded UI for easier editing
- POLY INPUT feature for realistic chords
- Multiple fret & string voicing algorithms
- STRUMMING tab for custom rhythm parts
- CONSOLE: Modular rack & mixer w/ 30+ FX
- Includes TACT 2.0 for articulation mapping
- 45 production-ready CONSOLE tone snapshots
Requires KONTAKT PLAYER version 5.7 or higher
This product works with the free Native Instruments Kontakt Player, the latest version can be downloaded through Native Access, Native Instrument’s download manager!
The minimum required Kontakt version for this product is stated in the product description or can be found on the manufacturers wesite.
- macOS 10.14 or higher
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or Apple M1 (native)
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Windows 10 or higher
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or similar CPU
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Mac (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, VST3, AU, AAX
- Windows (64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, VST3, AAX
If you require legacy installers of Kontakt Player please refer to this Knowledge Base Article.
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.