Classic Plate Reverb Processor
Plate reverberation first came out in the late 50's when an electromechanical transducer similar to a common speaker voice coil was coupled to a long metal foil (a plate) and a piezo pickup was wired at the other end. Running signal through the speaker would cause the metal plate to reverberate and the resulting sound picked up by the piezo transducer would be converted into electrical signal sent back to a mixing console to be mixed with the original dry signal.
The reverb time could be shortened by partially damping the metal plate with acoustical tiles, which would practically shorten the vibrating element, although never completely preventing it from resonating. Reverb character depended on several factors like metal sheet dimension, metal type, thickness of the foil and position of pickup elements. IK Multimedia CSR Plate reverb is a thorough reproduction of that reverb type. Dense and even it has a characteristic sound that brings back to immortal 60's records where it was abundantly used.
The wealth of controls on this module allows to custom tailor the reverb in all of its nuances, and as in all CSR reverbs the editing process can be simple, with just key parameters displayed, or advanced, for in depth tweaking. Vocals and drums are among the most suitable candidates for this kind of reverb, but given its rich and diffuse sound it can be splashed on whatever source giving the mix 3D quality. Used in mono it can reproduce the effect of the very first plate reverbs for a “vibey” and vintage effect.
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application
- High-quality oversampling
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices
- Full-latency compensation support
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- DSM™ and SCC™ proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
- macOS 10.10 or higher
- 64 bit
- Intel Core 2 Duo (Intel Core i5 recommended)
- RAM: 4GB (8 GB recommended)
- Windows 7-10
- 64 bit
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 (Intel Core i5 recommended)
- RAM: 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
IK-Multimedia products require you to register with the manufacturer at www.ikmultimedia.com to activate your license.
This product requires an activation!
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.