With the guidance of original Swampers guitarist Jimmy Johnson, period correct gear and mic placement, the Southern Soul EZX sets out to recreate the unmistakable sound of soul. Crisp, dense and saturated drums – all encapsulated in the hallmark ambience of the FAME room.
Ask Aretha Franklin, Etta James or Otis Redding and they’ll probably tell you that, yes, there is something that special about a place in the small rural community of Muscle Shoals, Alabama. A place that has soul – true Southern soul: FAME Studios.
Southern Soul EZX comes with five complete kits and two setups – one using all-mono miking techniques and one full stereo setup. On top of that, it features leakage mics for vocals, guitar, piano and upright bass set up in their original spots in the room, a signature FAME trait and key to adding that special band presence to the sound.
- Five (5) complete kits (Ludwig, Gretsch, Pearl, Sakae)
- Two setups (’60s/’70s)
- Produced by Glenn Rosenstein (James Taylor, U2, Ziggy Marley), engineered by Jeff Balding (Faith Hill, Brad Paisley, Celine Dion)
- Sampling and included example MIDI performed by Chad Cromwell (Neil Young, Joe Walsh)
A working EZdrummer® 2 or a Superior Drummer® v2.4.2 (or above) is required for using EZX expansions.
- free disc space, depending on library size
- DVD Drive
- Windows 7 or higer, Pentium 4 or Athlon CPU, 2 GB RAM
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higer, INTEL CPU , 2 GB RAM
- Internet Connection
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.