Steinway Piano from the Galaxy II Piano Collection
Galaxy II reveals the sound of a Steinway D concert grand, which is probably the most popular concert grand of all. It was recorded in the Galaxy Studios, Belgium, one of the most sophisticated studios in Europe with a huge recording hall. The instrument was hand-chosen by studio owner Wilfried van Baelen out of dozens of instruments at Steinway/Hamburg, delivering an amazing sound with an exceptional dynamic range.
Galaxy Steinway was recorded in 5.1 surround and stereo with a tremendous microphone setup to capture its size and dynamic range with 6 channels.
Heinrich Engelhard Steinweg, piano maker of the Steinweg brand, emigrated from Germany to America in 1850. In 1853, Steinweg founded Steinway & Sons, by the year 2000, Steinway had made its 550,000th piano. The Steinway Model D 270 is probably the most popular concert grand of all. For Galaxy II, a Model D was recorded in Galaxy Studios, Belgium; one of the most sophisticated high-end studios in Europe, which also boasts a huge recording hall. The instrument was chosen by studio owner Wilfried van Baaren out of dozens of instruments at Steinway/Hamburg. It was recorded in 5.1 surround and stereo with a tremendous microphone setup to capture its size and dynamic range with 6 channels.
- Galaxy Steinway 5.1 (Steinway D in 5.1 surround and stereo)
- More than 2,000 samples in 24 bit
- 10 modeled velocity zones for a wide and smooth dynamic range
- Additional resonance, release and noise samples
- Chromatic and multiple velocity resonance and release samples
- Multi velocity pedal, damper, hammer and string noises
- Real overtones powered by the Kontakt Player engine
- Kontakt Player license included
- Compatible with Kontakt (Player) 4.2 or newer
- New direct access user interface
- Lossless sample compression for better disk streaming
- True half pedaling when using a continuous sustain pedal
- True repedaling and sostenuto
- Noises dynamically playable with a continuous sustain pedal
- One-knob control of tone colour and dynamics.
- Intelligent EQ for warmth, punch and brilliance
- Sympathetic string resonance with real overtones
- Flexible and easy-to-use velocity editor
- Convolution reverb with many different types of rooms, concert halls and ambience
- Adjustable stereo width and position
- Specially designed compressor for pop piano sounds
- Pad Machine
- Warp Engine for sound design beyond regular piano sounds
The latest NI Kontakt Player is included in this product!
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
Download latest free Kontakt Player Windows (~ 450MB)
Download latest free Kontakt Player Mac INTEL (~ 600MB)
You want more?
This library qualifies for the reduced Crossgrade of full KONTAKT at Native Instruments.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 - 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 - 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 - 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12, 10.13 or 10.14 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
1GB free disk space
Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
This product requires Native Access for installation, registration and activation. Start the Native Access-Software and log in using your Native Instruments credetials to start the setup.
To sucesfully activate your product Native Access requires a working internet connection.
An Offline Activation on a different computer is Not Available with this product.