Vienna Grand Piano of the Galaxy II Piano Collection
Galaxy II’s Vienna Grand is comprised of sampling a BOESENDORFER IMPERIAL 290 grand piano. Established by Ignaz Bösendorfer in 1828, Bösendorfer is the oldest piano manufacturer still in production and has a history of constructing some of the worlds finest instruments. The Model 290 Imperial, a 9’6” grand piano, is famous for its powerful soundboard and its extended keyboard; going as far as a bottom C0, making a full eight octave range or 97 keys.
Galaxy II’s Vienna Grand is comprised of sampling a BOESENDORFER IMPERIAL 290 grand piano. Established by Ignaz Bösendorfer in 1828, Bösendorfer is the oldest piano manufacturer still in production and has a history of constructing some of the worlds finest instruments. The Model 290 Imperial, a 9’6” grand piano, is famous for its powerful soundboard and its extended keyboard; going as far as a bottom C0, making a full eight octave range or 97 keys. Sometimes, these extra keys are hidden under a small hinged lid, on others, the colours of the extra white keys are reversed (black instead of white). The extra keys are primarily added for increased resonance from the associated strings; that is, they vibrate sympathetically with other strings whenever the damper pedal is depressed thus creating a fuller tone. With the VIENNA GRAND they are playable.
The Vienna Grand was recorded at Hansahaus Studios/Germany which is famous for its outstanding Jazz Recordings and has received two Grammy Awards. We placed great emphasis on capturing the Bösendorfers huge dynamic range and energy, especially its powerful low end; using additional microphones in the lower register.
- Vienna Grand Imperial (96 Key Bösendorfer with incredible low end)
- More than 2,000 samples in 24 bit
- 13 modeled velocity zones for a wide and smooth dynamic rang
- Additional resonance, release and noise samples
- Chromatic and multiple velocity resonance and release samples
- Multi velocity pedal, damper, hammer and string noises
- Real una corda samples
- Real overtones Powered by the Kontakt Player engine
- Kontakt Player license included
- Compatible with Kontakt (Player) 4.2 or newer
- New direct access user interface
- Lossless sample compression for better disk streaming
- True half pedaling when using a continuous sustain pedal
- True repedaling and sostenuto
- Noises dynamically playable with a continuous sustain pedal
- One-knob control of tone colour and dynamics.
- Intelligent EQ for warmth, punch and brilliance
- Sympathetic string resonance with real overtones
- Flexible and easy-to-use velocity editor
- Convolution reverb with many different types of rooms, concert halls and ambience
- Adjustable stereo width and position
- Specially designed compressor for pop piano sounds
- Pad Machine
- Warp Engine for sound design beyond regular piano sounds
This product works with the free Native Instruments Kontakt Player, the latest version can be downloaded through Native Access, Native Instrument’s download manager!
The minimum required Kontakt version for this product is stated in the product description or can be found on the manufacturers wesite.
- macOS 10.13-11 (newest update)
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Windows 7-10
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or similar CPU
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Mac (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Windows (32/64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, AAX
If you require legacy installers of Kontakt Player please refer to this Knowledge Base Article.
This product requires Native Access for installation, registration and activation. Start the Native Access-Software and log in using your Native Instruments credetials to start the setup.
To sucesfully activate your product Native Access requires a working internet connection.
An Offline Activation on a different computer is Not Available with this product.