Sounds of Beauty & Wonder
Glass / Works is a Kontakt player instrument which collects together 3 extremely unusual and rare musical instruments which use glass to generate sound : Le Cristal Baschet, The Glass Armonica, and a set of Cloud Chamber Bowls.
Just locating these instruments was a challenge in itself - the third in the collection, Cloud Chamber Bowls, proved so elusive that after a lot of research and enquiries, Soniccouture realised that if they wanted to sample some, they would have to build a set theirselves. The first two instruments - Le Cristal and the Glass Armonica, as strange and beautiful as each other - required them to make a trip to Paris, to the studio of Thomas Bloch.
Cloud Chamber Bowls
- 1.38 GB Library
- 24 bit 44.1khz Stereo sampling
- Hard and soft mallet articulations
- 10 Velocity Layers, 3 Alternate round robin layers
- Original & Chromatic pitch mapped instruments (chromatic mapping extends C1 to C5)
- KSP Jammer - generative arpeggiator tool
Bowed Chamber Bowls
- 300 MB Library
- 24 bit 44.1khz sampling
- Harmonics samples with MIDI control by ModWheel
- 5 round robin layers
- KSP Jammer & Glissando modules
Le Cristal Baschet
- 2.5 GB sample library
- 24 bit 44.1khz Stereo sampling
- 4 octaves of Cristal Baschet notes
- Convolution ‘Flame’ Processor : 4 IRs from the steel flame panel
- 6 different articulations : sustain: soft & hard, Accent, percussion: hard & soft mallet, SFX
- 3 round robin layers per articulation
- 800 MB library
- 24 bit 44.1khz Stereo Sampling
- 3 Alternate Round Robin layers
- Keyoff Samples with level control
- Hard & Soft articulation crossfade, switchable from velocity to Mod wheel
THOMAS BLOCH : MASTER OF GLASS
One man is ubiquitous when it comes to rare glass instruments ; Thomas Bloch. A classical musician specialising in rare instruments, Thomas is a virtuoso who has worked with many famous names - Radiohead, Gorrilaz, John Cage, Tom Waits, and Milos Foreman to name very few. He is best known for 3 instruments - Ondes Martenot, the Cristal Baschet and the Glass Armonica.
To see the instruments please click on more info
The latest NI Kontakt Player is included in this product!
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
Download latest free Kontakt Player Windows (~ 450MB)
Download latest free Kontakt Player Mac INTEL (~ 600MB)
You want more?
This library qualifies for the reduced Crossgrade of full KONTAKT at Native Instruments.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 - 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 - 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 - 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12, 10.13 or 10.14 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
1GB free disk space
Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.