The German name Glockenspiel means “bell play” and refers to the sound of small bells. At the end of the 17th century, the small bells were replaced by steel bars with a key range of about three octaves. The sound of the glockenspiel is very high and piercing and can be clearly heard even through a full orchestra playing in “tutti”. The glockenspiel is very popular and frequently used in majestic brass fanfares (e.g., by composer John Williams). The sound can be varied by the use of different mallets. We’ve recorded two different instruments that were played with small and big metal mallets, as well as wood and plastic mallets.
The Standard and Extended Libraries of the Download Instrument offer the complete samples and articulations on par with the ones of the big Vienna Instruments Collection Percussion. Please find a detailed list of included playing techniques under the menu item Sample Content.
If you have already registered a Vienna Special Editions product that contains the Glockenspiel, you can buy the download instrument Glockenspiel at a reduced price.
Your purchase of Glockenspiel entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
The following reviews have been placed by customers who also bought this product from us. All reviews are provided through eKomi, Europe’s largest independent customer review company.
Für mich einfach fantastische Produkte von VSL. Als Vienna Fan gibt es nichts auszusetzen, ausser der Preis. Aber gute Arbeit muss auch belohnt werden!
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
• 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
• ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
• eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
• free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
• Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
• AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
• RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
• 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.