Gu Zheng, recorded by local Chinese music producers
Gu Zheng is one of the most beautiful, traditional Chinese instruments with a history of more than 2000 years. The modern Gu Zheng is a Chinese plucked zither equipped with 21 strings and movable bridges. Basic playing styles include plucking at the right portion and pressing at the left portion to produce pitch ornamentations as well as tremolo. Yellow River Sound´s Gu Zheng is produced by Zhang Jian (China Conservatory of Music) & Ma Jing (ADSH) in cooperation with Best Service. For the first time, a Chinese instrument was sampled with great care by local Chinese music producers, who have a natural understanding of their culture and a sole passion to express the true quality of Chinese instruments.
Using the Best Service ENGINE sample player technology, this virtual instrument offers more detailed articulations than ever. Its freshness and elegance reflects the preserved spirit in Chinese culture. While many virtual instruments are involved in the loudness war, YRS Gu Zheng’s low velocity samples allow you to experience the sound of silence, nevertheless, its wide dynamic range also provides punchy impact. With the release of YRS Gu Zheng and more instruments to follow, Chinese instruments will no longer be a sub-category in your ethno library. Long hidden treasures will be rediscovered. Just listen to the demos. These are pure MIDI arrangements and experience the virtual Gu Zheng you have always dreamed of!
- 1.6GB sample library, multi samples on every single velocity layer
- Most detailed articulations, never before available, up to 5 velocity layers, 3 different tempos of bend up/down etc.
- Sampled from a famous, custom design Gu Zheng
- Recorded at the China Conservatory of Music using Direct Stream Digital Technology and 5 microphone positions
- 24bit / 44.1kHz sample playback
- One shot single notes of most layers, emulate the real performance
Infos about Gu Zheng recordings.
"In October 2009 I visited China Conservatory of Music in Beijing for some days to build a Joint Venture with Best Service.
The picture shows students with their instruments which will now be recorded step by step in the near future. I am the person in the white shirt, right of me is the director of the school, left of me music professor Zhang and at the right corner of the picture with the black shirt is Zhinag Jian the producer of Gu Zheng and the upcoming libraries."
Klaus Kandler, Best Service
abridgment: I give this library 4.5 out of 5 I really enjoy playing it, I love the tone and feel of it.
You can definitely get some realistic Chinese phrases out of this instrument and it can fit into almost any genre of music or scoring that requires some realistic ethnic spice.
With an instrument this detailed I was surprised they priced it as low as they did, but I won’t complain! I’m glad they went to the source to get such a traditional instrument sampled correctly, I will definitely be keeping my eyes open for more from these producers.
Best Service ENGINE 2 Sample Player is included with this product!
- Mac OS 10.11 - 10.15
- Min. recommended: Intel Mac 2GHz, 2GB Ram
- Interfaces: Standalone, AU, VST (64bit only)
- AAX Support for Pro Tools 11+
- Windows 7, 8 and 10, 32bit & 64bit
- Min. recommended: Intel Core 2.0GHz, 2GB Ram
- Interfaces: Standalone, VST (32bit and 64bit)
- AAX Support für Pro Tools 11+
for all systems
- Internet connection for product activation required (on any computer)
- Additional hard disc space according to the library size
The latest Engine 2 and a tutorial video can be downloaded here:
Best Service Downloads
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.