Powerful Synthesizer with 3D Wavetable Synthesis
Icarus offers "a fresh signature sound, which quickly catches the audiences' attention" with an easy to use interface and a over 1000 factory sounds created by professional designers. This synthesizer can do: All classic synthesis methods, 3D wavetables, morphing, resynthesis of samples. It has: 53 effects, 3 x10 stereo oscillators with hypersaw, dual stereo filters with 62 filter types and distortion, an arpeggiator, a vocoder, a wavetable editor and more!
3D Wavetable Synthesis
Icarus is a '3D wavetable synth', because Tone2 extended the popular traditional wavetable synthesis, which allows to cross-blend waveforms, with an additional dimension for morphing. Icarus can create special sounds with lots of dynamic expression and movement. Most of these sounds are hard, or impossible to create with other synthesizers.
Icarus Features Overview:
Patch Browser - Discover over 1000 production-ready sounds with Icarus' comfortable patch browser. Each sound has been carefully built by a professional sound designer and has been crafted with lot's of love and great attention to detail. The patches are very easy to mix, because they've been carefully EQed, pre-mastered and are running in perfect sync to the tempo of your track.
Arpeggiator - The powerful arpeggiator instantly creates inspiring and wonderful melodies. Smart playing aids like autochord speed up the production process and assist you whenever you wish this. All patches can be morphed with the modwheel. This makes it easy for you to add exciting movement to your tracks.
Interface - A customizable interface allows you to select your favorite color. With several instances of Icarus loaded at the same time, it's even possible to show single instances with different colors. This helps you to keep the orientation, when you're working on a complex project with many tracks.
Vocoder - With the built-in vocoder module you can easily create your own phrases and make yourself sound like a robot. It has never been so easy to create professional tracks with vocalic sounds!
Effects - Icarus comes with a mighty and flexible effects section. 53 different effects can be combined in modular slots to build new and exciting effects. Save them to your harddisc, use them to tweak existing patches or simply get entertained by your own creations!
Resynthesis - The innovative resynthesis function in Icarus allows you to rebuild nearly any sound with a single mouse-click: Simply click on the resynthesis button and select a wav file. Like magic, Icarus will automatically assemble a patch, which sounds very close to the original sound.
Wavetable Editor - A mighty wavetable editor is available for experts. It includes a massive amount of professional tools to tweak wavetables, like an additive spectrum editor or the possibility to paint waveforms with the mouse.
Modulation - By using the modulation matrix, Icarus allows you to connect dozens of modulation sources to all important sound parameters. Modulate almost any parameter, well into audio-rate speed, from internal modulation sources like LFOs, punchy envelopes, gates, step sequencers, and a wide variety of MIDI signals. We've also included midi-learn, so assigning CC's is as simple as a right-click.
Icarus comes with frequent, free updates and improvements. It will be extended with new features and additional sounds regularly. This synthesizer has been designed in a way that it can be expanded easily. The open structure allows you, us and 3rd party developers to extend it with our own content.
Features Overview in Version 1.5:
- The engine is now able to do FM synthesis (PM) between oscillators. Select 'FM<-Osc1' as synthesis/morph mode to modulate Osc2 with Osc1
- The synth does now offer classic sample playback. Set the OSC synthesis/morph mode to 'Sample' or 'Sample Loop'. The usual wavetable controls do have no effect in this mode.
- Classic samples can now also easily be imported with IMPORT SAMPLE->'Load a wav sample...'. The sample can be automatically tuned on import.
- The engine is now able to do amplitude modulation between oscillators. Select 'AM<-Osc1' as morph mode to modulate Osc2 with Osc1
- The engine is now able to do Waveshaping between oscillators. Select 'Shape<-Osc1' as synthesis/morph mode to shape Osc1 with the wavform of Osc2
- New effect: 'Delay Wide' is a broad sounding delay with Hi Damp and Low Damp filters
- New effect: 'Stereo Width' allows to spread the panorama from mono to surround
- New exclusive effect: 'Laser Punch' adds additional punch. Use it with a sawtooth to gereate a zzapping 'Rubber Bass' sound
- Icarus_wavetables now contains subdirectories for categories which contain the wavetables
- Submenus provide a more logic structure and better overview
- Tooltips with info are shown when the mouse is hovered over a button or control
- Additional buttons: Previous and next Lfo waveform
- Pitchwheel and Modwheel in the patchbrowser is now animated
- Wavetable position in the wavetable editor is animated if you click on the left keyboard
- The patch browser list shows a checkmark for the currently loaded patch
- In the waveform display the mousewheel can be used to pick a wave
- Mousewheel support for the filter frequency display
- Mousewheel support for the patch selector
- A double click to a knob or slider resets it to the default value
- 'Natural scrolling' support for mousewheel on 64 bit Mac
- Added an undo button which restores the recent parameter changes
- 43 additional wavetables with over 1000 new waveforms
Zusammenfassung 92% von 100%
Klangqualität - 100%
Vielseitigkeit - 100%
Ausstattung mit Funktionen - 95%
Ausstattung mit Presets - 95%
Bedienkomfort, intuitive Arbeitsweise - 85%
CPU-Leistungseinforderung (hoher Wert = niedrige CPU-Last) - 80%
Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis - 90%
Auf den Punkt gebracht
Icarus von Tone 2 gehört zur Klasse der tief editierbaren Hybrid-Synthesizer mit dem Schwerpunkt auf Wavetables. Die Audioqualität ist exzellent. Viele inspirierende Presets machen den Einstieg leicht. Unter der Haube tut sich ein spannendes Klanglabor auf.
Holger Obst | 24. Januar 2017 |
PC: Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10 / Vista (32 bit or 64 bit)
PC formats: 32-bit VSTi, 64-bit VSTi, standalone
Mac: Mac OSX 10.5 or higher
Mac formats: 32-bit VSTi, 64-bit VSTi, 32-bit Audiounit, 64-bit Audiounit
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.