Dual six mode filter with Xfade
Taking inspiration from a classic Japanese synth, Intellijel Korgasmatron II is a dual voltage controlled filter which can also be used as a limited oscillator. It has a completely independent six mode filter on each side. The filters can be blended to taste with the Xfade knob. Korgasmatron II is an add-on module for use with Modular.
Korgasmatron II has a completely independent six mode filter output on each side which are selected via a rotary switch. It also has a special overdrive feature that enables the output signal to be soft or hard clipped depending on hard you drive the input signal. This is controlled via the input amp which starts clipping when you put the knob past 12 o'clock (assuming an standard 10 Vpp waveform). The hard/soft clipping differences are subtle on simple waveforms sources and dramatic on more complex sources (such as chords).
Just like the original hardware, the Intellijel Korgasmatron II can go from clean and precise to howling and agressive, from classic MS-20 type sounds to totally new territory, all depending on how you tweak the front panel controls.
- Dual filter + Xfade
- Six filter types per filter (LP 1-pole, LP 2-pole, BP 1-pole, HP 2-pole, HP 1-pole, BR 1-pole)
- Both filters track 1v/oct over 3-4 octaves (can be used as a limited VCO)
- Switch to configure serial or parallel routing
- Output soft and hard clipping
- Resonance soft clipping control (Q drive)
- Requires Modular
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
- Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading the plug-in (s) and managing the license(s)
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
*Please Note: Pro Tools 10 is not officially qualified by Avid higher than OS X 10.8
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?
This product requires an activation!
You can either "soft" activate on your computer without addditional hardware or transfer the license to an iLok USB dongle which has to be purchased separately. The iLok dongle can be used to run the protected software on different computers. Your licenses can be easily manged using the iLok Licence Manager. To protect your investment against theft or loss we recommend the iLok Zero Downtime protection with TLC.
An internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.