Live Intro - Essentials at a Great Price
Live is fast, fluid and flexible software for music creation and performance. It comes with all kinds of effects, instruments, sounds and creative tools – everything you need to make any kind of music.
Use Live’s linear Arrangement View to sequence your music, or the Session View to improvise and try out ideas without the constraints of a timeline. Change the tempo and timing of any audio in real time without stopping the music thanks to Live’s warping. Record MIDI or real-world instruments, vocals or other audio, using Live’s creative features to perfect your performance, spark new ideas, or turn spontaneous moments into music.
Build your sound with Live’s rich range of instruments and effects, or shape a diverse collection of curated Packs into something new. And since the software lets you do everything in real time and is endlessly customizable, it's perfect for live performance and hands-on play, whatever your setup.
And finally, there’s Push: Ableton’s instrument built specifically for Live, which gives you all the functionality of software with the immediacy of hardware.
- Multitrack Audio recording and MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Unique Session View for nonlinear composition, flexible performance and improvisation
- Real-time warping of audio: automatically sync music and loops, regardless of tempo
- MIDI-mappable controls for hands-on creation onstage or in the studio – plus automatic mapping for popular hardware controllers
- Comping: select and combine the best of multiple passes of an audio or MIDI performance.
- Group tracks: use multiple levels of groups to mix with greater flexibility and manage detailed arrangements more easily.
- Note chance and velocity chance: set the probability that a MIDI note or drum hit will occur and define ranges for velocity probability to generate pattern variations and humanize dynamics.
- Updated Instrument Racks: Combine multiple instruments and effects into a single device
- Updated MIDI Effect Racks: Combine MIDI effects into a single device
- Tempo following: Live adjusts its tempo in real time based on an incoming audio signal
- Built-in audio effects for creative sound design, mixing or mastering
- Advanced sampling tools
- VST2, VST3 and Audio Unit support
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression: allows MPE-capable devices to control multiple parameters of every note in real time for more expressive instrumental performances.
- Groove engine to apply swing to audio or MIDI, or extract rhythmic feel from other audio files
- Import video as a clip and save modified video and audio
Instruments, effects and sounds
- 4 instruments: Simpler, Impulse and Drum Rack and Instrument Racks
- 21 audio and 8 MIDI effects
- 1500+ sounds
- 5+ GB of loops and samples
Technical feature spec / compatibility
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation
- Ableton Link integration
- MIDI remote control instant mapping
- MIDI output to hardware synths
- MIDI Clock/sync
- Multicore/multiprocessor support
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support
- 16 Audio and MIDI tracks
- 16 Scenes
- 2 Send and return tracks
- 8 input and 8 output audio channels
- Capture MIDI
- macOS 10.13 or higher
- Intel Core i5 or Apple M1
- RAM: 8GB
- 1.280x800 display resolution
- Windows 10 (1909 or higher)
- Intel Core i5 or AMD Multi-Core
- RAM: 8GB
- 1.366x768 display resolution
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.