Melodyne 5 Essential - The easy way to begin
Melodyne lets you work with audio in an entirely new way. One that is musical, nifty, crystal-clear and almost magical. Working with Melodyne is like being able to say to a singer “hold this note a bit longer” or to a pianist “give slightly less weight to the third in this chord” – hours, weeks, even years after the recording session. The fantastic editing possibilities, the outstanding sound quality and the intuitive and musical operation make Melodyne an incomparable tool without which it would be hard to imagine modern music production.
With Melodyne 5 Essential, you edit your vocals using the basic functions for pitch and timing. Musical, quick and easy. And if you need more, you can always upgrade, paying only the difference.
Grammy Award-winning technology
exceptionally musical and intuitive note-based way of working
the algorithms Melodic (with Sibilant Detection), Percussive and Universal
Melodyne’s Main Tool for editing pitch and timing
macros for optimizing intonation, timing quantization, and leveling
the Chord Track and Chord Grid with automatic chord recognition
full compatibility: VST 3, AU, AAX, stand-alone
integration via ARA Audio Random Access (depending on the DAW)
macOS and Windows, 64-bit
- macOS 10.12 or higher
- Intel Dual Core Prozessor (Quad Core or higher recommended)
- works with “Rosetta” on ARM-based macs
- RAM: 4 GB (8 GB or higher recommended)
- Windows 10 or higher
- Intel or AMD Dual Core Prozessor (Quad Core or higher recommended)
- RAM: 4 GB (8 GB or higher recommended))
- ASIO-compatible audio-hardware
Technical changes with Melodyne 5
Please note that due to Melodyne 5’s modernized software infrastructure, support for certain old standards has been discontinued. Those affected are:
- VST 2 discontinued (VST 3 is still supported, as is AU)
- RTAS discontinued (AAX is still supported)
- Rewire discontinued
- 32-Bit-support discontinued (operating system and DAW must provide 64-bit support)
Activation: Computer-based or iLok USB dongle (2nd or 3rd generation), Melodyne essential only computer-based. Internet access is required for the first activation.
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.