Concepts: Sound Design and Custom Metal Work in Kontakt
Kontakt already offers a wide variety of tools for modifying a source sound into a finished, produced sound however in the shadow of a looming deadline more often then not we are forced to use Kontakt pre-sets or other products to get what we need. Cinesamples intention with this product was to provide you with a set of tools, specially made for you to be creative without relying upon presets (even though we included a bunch of ideas just to get you started). The first volume uses some wonderfully recorded metal/industrial source material.
What you can accomplish:
In Metallurgy a finished “patch” is made of one to four layers run through up to 4 global FX. Each layer contains one “source” sound modified through a series of “personalized” modifiers.
- Gain - the volume of the layer
- Pan - the position in the stereo field of the layer
- Offset - the delay in milliseconds before the sound triggers
- Tune - the root pitch of the layer from extremely deep to extremely high
- Repeat - the amount in eighth notes you want a sound to repeat itself after the initial strike
- R-fade - the amount in velocity each successive “repeat” will decrease in volume from the previous one
- Reverse - triggers the sound in reverse
Each layer then has three individualized FX settings which must be turned on/off via the power switch: EQ, Reverb and Delay.
After you have your desired amount of layers you can access the (global) “FX” settings. Here you can chose up to four effects (out of eight) which will effect all your layers simultaneously.
- EQ - A 3 band mastering Equalizer
- Reverb - A mastering reverb – a small touch always seems to help
- Flanger - A tool which can add a modern sweeping effect to your sound
- Chorus - A mechanical sounding micro doubling effect – perfect for sci-fi and modernism
- Distortion - Bit distortion plug in, perfect for going lo-fi
- Compression - A typical mastering compressor
- Phaser - That familiar tape-flanging effect
- Rotator - A tool which modifies the stereo field
NI Kontakt FULL 4.2.4 oder höher erforderlich!
Using this library requires a full version of Native Instruments' "Kontakt"!
Please notice: This library can not be played with the free "Kontakt Player"! To use this "Open Kontakt" format, you need a full version of "Kontakt", which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 - 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 - 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 - 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.15 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12 - 10.15 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
1GB free disk space
Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
For your own protection this library is provided as individual personalized files including a
Digital Water Mark - DWM!