The Sound, Flexibility and Expandability of a true Analog Modular Synthesizer
Created in close collaboration with Doepfer, Softube Modular gives you both the sound, flexibility and expandability of a true analog modular synthesizer. But Softube Modular is more than just another virtual synthesizer plug-in — it's an entirely new modular synth standard.
As a Modular owner, the basic system gives you a great toolkit to start out with. It includes six modeled Doepfer modules and over 20 utility modules. But there is much more to discover. Additional modules from quality Eurorack vendors—starting with a range of units from cutting-edge manufacturer Intellijel—are available for separate purchase. More modules will continuously be made available. Owners of Softube's drum synth Heartbeat can add its instrument and EQ modules to Modular and combine them with any other modules. Softube's award-winning engineering team have modeled each analog module, component by component, and the resulting plug-ins are sonically indistinguishable from their hardware counterparts.
Welcome Experts - And Beginners
Experienced Eurorack synth users will be right at home from the start. Modular's workflow is very close to the use of physical Eurorack modular synths. Add modules, connect them using virtual patch cords, adjust their knobs and switches to your heart's desire. Get MIDI connectivity with the MIDI To CV/Gate Converter and add any of the included step sequencers—unless you prefer using your DAW's built-in sequencer, of course.
To beginners, a modular synthesizer can be daunting at first. But Modular offers a wide range of expertly designed presets, immediately available to be put to use in your music. When you are ready to learn more about patching a Eurorack synth, the manual offers step by step patching tutorials that go hand in hand with the included tutorial presets.
Both experts and beginners will enjoy the included Performance modules. These give the user a limited set of knobs and buttons that can be freely assigned to control any parameter on any module in the current patch—making creative tweaking on the fly super easy and accessible for inspired studio production and live performances.
- Modular is a cross-platform modular synthesizer plug-in standard, which features authorized emulations of modules from well known hardware Eurorack brands
- True dynamic circuit-emulation—looks, functions and sounds like its hardware counterparts
- Basic system contains six Doepfer modules (A-110-1 VCO, A-108 VCF, A-132-3 Dual VCA, A-140 ADSR, A-118 Noise/Random, A-147 VCLFO)
- Basic system also contains over 20 Utility modules (such as MIDI to CV/gate, mixers, slew, sample & hold, switches, multiples, delay, offset, sequencers, clock dividers, logic and signal tools, as well as a Polyphonic MIDI to CV/gate module).
- Additional authorized emulations from Intellijel is available as add-ons (uFold II, Korgasmatron II, Rubicon). Many more modules from other quality hardware Eurorack vendors to be released
- Simple design of your own interaction layout with the Performance modules in classic synthesizer style
- Softube Heartbeat drum channels and EQ can be used as separate modules for owners of Heartbeat
- More than 200 quality presets included covering a huge range of styles and sounds
- Can be used both as effect and instrument for your DAW and integrates beautifully with your hardware Eurorack modular
- High internal sample rate within system enables true feedback
Mit der Modular Software bietet Softube eine preiswerte Software Variante des Eurorack von Doepfer an. Da die Software sowohl zusammen mit anderen Softube Produkten, als auch als FX Rack genutzt werden kann und darüber hinaus noch reichlich Presets mitbringt, sind der Kreativität kaum Grenzen gesetzt. Tüftler bietet sich die Möglichkeit, die Verkabelung zwischen den einzelnen Modulen, individuell anzupassen, was weitere Klangfarben ergibt.
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
- Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading the plug-in (s) and managing the license(s)
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
*Please Note: Pro Tools 10 is not officially qualified by Avid higher than OS X 10.8
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?
This product requires an activation!
You can either "soft" activate on your computer without addditional hardware or transfer the license to an iLok USB dongle which has to be purchased separately. The iLok dongle can be used to run the protected software on different computers. Your licenses can be easily manged using the iLok Licence Manager. To protect your investment against theft or loss we recommend the iLok Zero Downtime protection with TLC.
An internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.