Mutable Instruments Rings - A physical modeling phenomenon
Rings uses tuned filters to physically model just about any material imaginable, in three broad categories:
The ‘modal’ mode emulates the resonant qualities of plates, strings, membranes, and tubes, which reinforce energy fed into them by organizing certain frequencies of sound around certain physical points (called modes) based on their size, shape, and structure.
The ‘sympathetic strings’ mode offers the kinds of droning and over-toning sounds and textures offered by instruments such as the sitar. Virtual strings other than the one ‘plucked’ ring in sympathy with the main note.
The ‘modulated / inharmonic string’ mode is an extension of Karplus-Strong synthesis, which uses a delay with very high feedback and very short period to synthesize a pitched wave like a string being struck, bowed, or plucked.
The range of noises this module is capable of creating is simply staggering, and the joy of feeding different things into it never ends. Grab yours today, and run rings around the sounds you made yesterday!
The only software version of Rings officially licensed and endorsed by Mutable Instruments
Three sophisticated resonator models in one module
‘Modal’ synthesis imitates vibrating structures
'Sympathetic strings’ offers harmonizing drones and overtones
‘Modulated / inharmonic string’ model is based on extended Karplus-Strong techniques
Up to four voices of polyphony, allowing for strummed chords
Create everything from bells to whistles, and more
Use in-built noise pulse, or an external audio signal, to excite the resonators
Requires Softube Modular (not included)
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
- Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading the plug-in (s) and managing the license(s)
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
*Please Note: Pro Tools 10 is not officially qualified by Avid higher than OS X 10.8
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?
This product requires an activation!
You can either "soft" activate on your computer without addditional hardware or transfer the license to an iLok USB dongle which has to be purchased separately. The iLok dongle can be used to run the protected software on different computers. Your licenses can be easily manged using the iLok Licence Manager. To protect your investment against theft or loss we recommend the iLok Zero Downtime protection with TLC.
An internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.