The Indispensable Foundation – Cellos and Basses
The articulations of the cello and double bass ensembles naturally correspond to those of the Vienna Instruments Orchestral Strings I. Here, too, new playing styles were added which were not available in the Pro Edition, such as fast Interval Performances in legato, marcato and spiccato styles, Performance Trills, Repetition Performances “harsh”, spiccato, and pizzicato, plus artificial harmonics as well as various ponticello articulations – tones played near the bridge. Both ensembles’ tonal ranges were extended, the cellos’ staccatos and sustains now extending up to A5, and the double basses up to G4. The leading voices of the two string sections are Argentinian Rubén Dubrovsky, founder of the Vienna Bach Consort, and Martin Deuring, an internationally active solo bassist and founding member of the chamber music ensemble “Ensemble Plus”.
- Interval Performances: legato, portamento, staccato, tremolo
- Fast Interval Performances: legato, marcato, spiccato
- Performance Trills
- Interval Performances muted (con sordino): normal, portamento
- Repetition Performances: legato, bow vibrato, portato, staccato, spiccato, harsh, upbeats, pizzicato
- Repetition Performances muted: sustains, legato, portato, staccato
- Runs: legato, spiccato; major, minor, chromatic, whole tone
- Short notes: short staccato, staccato, short détaché, long détaché, 4 variations each
- Long notes: sustains with and without vibrato, espressivo, flautando
- Dynamics: various crescendos & diminuendos, with and without vibrato, fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
- Tremolos: sustains, crescendo & diminuendo
- Trills: half tone, whole tone, minor, major 3rd, accelerando
- Pizzicatos and Bartók pizzicatos (loose and tight)
- Col legno
- Con sordino: staccato, détaché, sustained, crescendos & diminuendos, fortepiano, sforzato, tremolo, pizzicato, trills
- Sul ponticello: staccato, sustains, crescendos & diminuendos, sfz, tremolo
- Artificial harmonics: staccato, sustains
Orchestral Strings II - Instruments: Cello ensemble (8 players) & Double bass ensemble (6 players)
Standard Library: Samples 9.527 | Download Files Size 9,8 GB | Installed File Size 19,0 GB
Full Library: Samples 36.485 | Download Files Size 9,8 GB | Installed File Size 19,0 GB
The Extended Library upgrade requires the registered Standard Library and offers more articulations and a significant enhanced sample content.
Future Music, Platinum Award
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I & II, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Coco avant Chanel, The Queen, The King’s Speech, Carnage, Renoir
“Since I’m working in Hollywood it requires a vast library and that’s why VSL is really useful.”
16-time Grammy Award winner, composer and producer of Chicago, Earth, Wind & Fire, Al Jarreau, Chaka Khan, Michael Jackson, Barbra Streisand, Natalie Cole, Whitney Houston, Céline Dion, Seal, Michael Bolton, Peter Cetera
“To have the magic of a full orchestra in breathtaking 3D sound at your fingertips is the best luxury someone like myself could hope for. Thank you VSL for an amazing product.”
Men in Black, Good Will Hunting, Planet of the Apes, Spiderman, Batman Returns, Corpse Bride, Alice in Wonderland, Mars Attacks!,The Simpsons, Desparate Housewives, Oingo Boingo)
“Vienna Symphonic Library has been the center of my orchestral sample library for several years now. I go to their library first every time I create an orchestral template when I´m beginning each film I score. And my demos sound great. I recommend this library to anybody getting into film scoring.”
Oscar and multiple Grammy Award winner
“Using Vienna Instruments puts authenticity into your pallet of sounds.”
Jochem van der Saag
Michael Bublé, Andrea Bocelli, Jackie Evancho, Josh Groban, Seal
“Vienna Symphonic Library is way ahead of the curve in terms of their sounds and their software; the combination of both musical expression and technical excellence is truly superb and unrivaled“
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Please notice: To use the "Extended Library" you need to have the corresponding "Standard Library" already registred in your account."Standard Library" plus "Extended Library" result in a "Full Version"
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.