Pianoteq Standard - Unique & powerful Tools to enhance and modify the Sound
Pianoteq represents the future of virtual pianos, providing the best and latest technology available. The sound is reproduced through a physical model that simulates properties and behaviours of real acoustic pianos. This results in a remarkably playable, vivid and adaptable instrument.
The Pianoteq Standard version offers several powerful tools for sound shaping and recording. It is a natural choice for the semi-professional musician who wants to adjust unique physical parameters such as unison with, microtuning, hammer hardness, soundboard and string length. It also lets you position up to 5 microphones around the instrument and to choose from a selection of different microphone brands.
When you purchase Pianoteq, you choose among three flavours:
Acoustic Pianos (includes D4 and K2 grand pianos)
Electric Instruments (includes electric pianos: MKI, MKII, W1, Pianet N &t T, Electra & Clavinet)
Chromatic Percussions (includes V-B and V-M vibes, Xylophone and Marimba)
For an Overview of all available Extensions please click here.
Extraordinary Sound Shaping
The possibility to shape the sound through physical parameters is an extraordinary feature that cannot be found in any other piano software. With just a few mouse clicks, you can achieve things that would require hours, or even weeks, by piano technicians to adapt on real acoustic pianos.
Some things can hardly be done in the real world, such as changing the string length from a mini grand of 1m/3.3ft to an imaginary giant grand of 10m/33ft. You can even modify the mechanical properties of the soundboard. New exciting possibilities open up as you explore the parameters and discover sounds that you have never heard or thought of before.
Similar to what professional audio engineers do when recording, you can place up to 5 microphones anywhere around the instrument in a separate illustrative interface. By adjusting microphones, you are able to quickly adjust the colour and presence of the sound. Fifteen directional microphones of well-known brands are modelled, increasing the palette of available sound colours.
A mixer is available for combining the microphones into 5 output channels, with the possibility to adjust separately level and delay. In binaural mode, for headphone usage, a head model is used for simulating the sound heard by a person located where the head is placed in the interface. The head can be rotated in any direction and even its size can be changed.
- Pianoteq is a physically modelled virtual instrument
- Includes 2 instrument packs of choice ("flavour")
- Optional instruments for purchase: upright, grand pianos, rock piano, electric pianos, harp, vibraphones, clavinet, celesta+glockenspiel, xylophone+marimba, steelpans
- Free instruments: KIViR historical instruments collection, bells and carillons.
- Unique adjustable physical parameters, such as unison width, octave stretching, hammer hardness, soundboard, string length, sympathetic resonance, duplex scale resonance. *
- Progressive variation of the timbre (uses all the 127 MIDI velocities)
- Control of the dynamics in timbre and volume
- Polyphonic Aftertouch (particularly interesting for the clavichord)
- Realistic sympathetic resonances, including duplex scale
- Microtuning, supports Scala format *
- Adjustable mechanical noises (sampled or modelled)
- Built-in graphic equalizer
- Built-in graphic curve for key velocity, note-off and pedal
- Keyboard calibration assistant
- Ten types of pedals (that can be assigned to the four UI pedals): Sustain, Soft, Harmonic, Sostenuto, Super Sostenuto, Rattle, Buff Stop, Celeste, Pinch Harmonic, Glissando
- Progressive sustain pedal, allowing partial-pedal effects
- Convolution reverberations
- Effects: Tremolo, Wah, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Fuzz, Delay, Amp, Compressor, Mini-eq.
- Mallet bounce (note repetition)
- Instrument condition (mint to worn)
- Variable lid position *
- Five adjustable microphones *
- Multi channel - up to 5 channels *
- No quantization noise (32-bit internal computation)
- Renders high resolution MIDI formats CC#88 and Disklavier XP.
- Installs and loads in seconds
- Extremely small file size (less than 50 MB)
- Excellent for use on modern laptops
- Extended key range (105 keys = 8+2/3 octaves) for the grand pianos Steinway D and K2
(* in Standard and PRO versions)
- Win XP/Vista/7/8 (32/64 Bit)
- min. 256 MB RAM and 1,6 GHz CPU (Multicore recommended)
- Standalone, VST, RTAS, AAX
- Mac OSX 10.5 or higher (32/64 Bit)
- min. 256 MB RAM and 1,6 GHz Intel CPU (Multicore recommended)
- Standalone, VST, RTAS, AU, AAX
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.