Moving. Expressive. Chamber Strings.
There's a subtle and certain magic that occurs when the right mics and the right preamps, in the right room, capture bow meeting string in just the right way. Heavyocity's goal, when developing Rhythmic Textures, was to capture that magic.
Rhythmic Textures is the moving, expressive counterpart to 2017's Intimate Textures - focused on delivering carefully and deliberately crafted rhythmic elements, played together in intimate chamber string ensembles. From cellos layering sul pont tremolos over swells, to violin staccatos played over col legno tapping, Rhythmic Textures delivers 16 truly unique ensemble articulations, with 12+ GB of chamber strings content, production-ready for your next score.
Heavyocity once again returned to the intimate confines of Reservoir Studios in NYC for Rhythmic Textures, capturing world-class players, performing in three and four person violin, viola, and cello ensembles. Working in conjunction with acclaimed Film Score Mixer Satoshi Mark Noguchi (Lion, Lone Survivor, Oblivion), Rhythmic Textures achieves a level of detail and clarity that is unprecedented for a chamber-style group - a richness and realism not yet achieved in a chamber strings virtual instrument before. Feel like you're in the room with each key depressed, with every stroke of the bow, as Rhythmic Textures serves as the inspirational center of your next cinematic score.
A collection of thousands of meticulously-recorded samples is great, but what sets Heavyocity's virtual instruments apart are the serious sound-shaping capabilities of their engines. And the the award-winning NOVO engine is no exception. Armed with the pristine organic content from Rhythmic Textures, the ability to create synthetic-style strings and deeply-unique rhythmic pulses is right at your fingertips. From the awesome modulating power of the instrument's central MACRO CONTROL to the granular sample playback possibilities of CYCLE, the NOVO engine puts a cutting-edge arsenal of sound-design tools directly into the composer's hands.
- 17.2 GB uncompressed (12 GB on Disk with NI lossless compression)
- Available as direct download only
- 2,476 Samples
- 221 Snapshot Presets
- 10 NKIs
- 48 unique articulations across three sections:
- Violins – 16 Articulations: Tremolo Pushes, Bow Drops, Tremolo Swells, Sul Pont Waves, Pulse Waves, Sliders, Tremolo Waves, Rhythm Soup, Pedal Waves, Pedal Swells, Tremolo Pulses, Tense Pulses, Off Echoes, Off Accent, Col Legno Brushes, Raindrops
- Violas – 16 Articulations: Tremolo Pushes, Bow Drops, Tremolo Swells, Sul Pont Waves, Pulse Waves, Sliders, Tremolo Waves, Rhythm Soup, Pedal Waves, Pedal Swells, Tremolo Pulses, Tense Pulses, Off Echoes, Off Accent, Col Legno Brushes, Raindrops
- Celli – 16 Articulations: Tremolo Pushes, Bow Drops, Tremolo Swells, Sul Pont Waves, Pulse Waves, Sliders, Tremolo Waves, Rhythm Soup, Pedal Waves, Pedal Swells, Tremolo Pulses, Tense Pulses, Off Echoes, Off Accent, Col Legno Brushes, Raindrops
- Intuitive Sample Browser
- CYCLE page for advanced granular & rhythmic playback
- MACRO knob for dynamic multi-parameter control
Does not require the purchase of NOVO.
This product requires the free Native Instruments Kontakt Player, the latest version can be downloaded through Native Access, Native Instrument’s download manager!
The minimum required Kontakt version for this product is stated in the product description or can be found on the manufacturers website.
- macOS 10.13-11 (newest update)
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Windows 7-10
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or similar CPU
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Mac (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Windows (32/64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, AAX
If you require legacy installers of Kontakt Player please refer to this Knowledge Base Article.
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.