Christian Eisenberger, Katharina Traunfellner, Rubén Dubrovski, Martin Deuring. These four soloists have invested their life’s blood and hard-won experience (from many years of international concert work) into the Vienna Instruments. Sensitive and clear, exact and homogeneous, their performances are technically perfect and utterly convincing in their musicality. Not only are they in command of their instruments but, after several years of working for the Vienna Symphonic Library, they also know exactly what is required of them to create ideal samples. Their performances at the Silent Stage come alive again in this Vienna Instrument.
Apart from the entire sample treasury of the Horizon Series’ Solo Strings Edition, this Vienna Instrument contains many new articulations; “Zigane”, the leisurely “smeared” portamentos, are particularly impressive as Interval Performances with the new audio engine’s algorithms. Another new articulation group is the fast Interval Performances in legato, marcato, and spiccato. Additional “harsh” articulations are played with an especially raw, almost brutal attack, and now are available as superbly effective Interval and Repetition Performances. There are also special Performance Trills, repetitions in spiccato and ricochet articulations, sustains with fading vibrato, ponticello, sul tasto, and numerous natural and artificial harmonics.
Instruments: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double bass
• Interval Performances: legato, portamento, zigane (gipsy), détaché, marcato, spiccato
• Fast Interval Performances: legato, marcato, spiccato, harsh
• Performance Trills
• Interval Performance Glissandos on the same string, fast and medium speed, up and down
• Repetition Performances: legato, bow vibrato, portato (slow, medium, fast), staccato, spiccato, harsh
• Fast Repetitions and ricochet repetitions (accelerando, ritardando)
• Runs: legato, spiccato; major, minor, chromatic, whole tone
• Grace notes: normal, slow, zigane
• Glissandos: medium and fast octave glissandos on the same string
• Short notes: staccato, short détaché, long détaché, 4 variations each
• Long notes: sustains without, with medium, with progressive, with fading vibrato, espressivo; marcato
• Dynamics: various crescendos & diminuendos, with and without vibrato, fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
• Tremolos: sustains, crescendo & diminuendo
• Trills: half tone, whole tone, crescendo & diminuendo, constant speed and accelerando
• Pizzicatos: normal, secco, Bartók pizzicatos
• Col legno
• Sul ponticello: staccato, détaché, sustains, crescendos & diminuendos, sfz, sffz, tremolo, repetitions
• Sul tasto: staccato, détaché, sustains, sforzato, tremolo
• Natural harmonics: sustains, repetitions, glissandos
• Artificial harmonics: staccato, sustains, repetitions, glissandos
The Extended Library upgrade requires the registered Standard Library and offers more articulations and a significant enhanced sample content.
Standard Library: Samples 29.004 | Download Files Size 30,3 GB | Installed File Size 55,7 GB
Full Library: Samples 105.946 | Download Files Size 30,3 GB | Installed File Size 55,7 GB
So, what’s the final verdict?
VSL Solo Strings set out to provide a comprehensive library of solo string articulations with a focus on playability, ease of integration into existing templates (very dry samples, so fits anywhere with a little help from the reverb) and speed and stability. It succeeds in all those areas, and then some. If you need a solo strings library that is light enough on resources to run on a portable machine without hiccups, yet at the same time will offer you almost anything you can possibly want in terms of articulations for your solo string work, look no further!
The following reviews have been placed by customers who also bought this product from us. All reviews are provided through eKomi, Europe’s largest independent customer review company.
Pre-Produktion, Komposition und Arrangements. Top. Der Tesla unter den virtuellen Streichern. Ich meine nicht den der noch Problemchen hat, ich meine den von morgen.
Ich nutze die Library für Film Scoring und klassische Musik. Die Techniken sind gut aufgenommen, allerdings fehlt mir etwas die Fülle in der Violine und der Viola. Ich empfehle für den Cinematischen Einsatz , wo oft lange Noten stehen und es nur auf die Klangfarbe ankommt die Solo Strings von Spitfire. Für den klassichen Einsatz ist Vsl Solo Strings exzellent geeignet!
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
• 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
• ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
• eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
• free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
• Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
• AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
• RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
• 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.