The Vienna Symphonic Library held extensive castings to find 16 singers for its Soprano Choir who could sing the soprano’s whole tonal range, and also harmonically blend in with the group’s overall sound. After several test recordings, the first vocal sessions took place at the Silent Stage.
The most outstanding result of these sessions is the first ever sampled vocal Legato – the Soprano Choir’s Legato Performance Patches for Vienna Instruments render these fluid notes most naturally.
The articulations include the vowels “U” (ooh) and “A” (aah) as staccatos, sustains, legato sustains, crescendos and diminuendos, fortepianos and sforzatos. In addition, there are staccatos of the syllables “ra”, “sa”, and “ta”.
Download size ca. 500MB
The following reviews have been placed by customers who also bought this product from us. All reviews are provided through eKomi, Europe’s largest independent customer review company.
I compose music in my home studio, and I am into orchestral and film music. I wanted a realistic soprano choir with a human timbre and this is just what I found in VSL soprano choir. The sound quality is outstanding! Would definitely recommend it, though VSL users know the excellence of each of their products.
Etwas älter, aber eine schöne Klangfarbe.
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
• 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
• ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
• eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
• free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
• Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
• AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
• RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
• 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.