The Summit Audio TLA-100A is the "set-and-forget" compressor, with a program-dependent nature that works with the signal to provide optimal performance without constant tweaking. Its ease-of-use and warm, rich sound is why it is still, after more than a quarter of a century, regarded as an industry standard for mixing, tracking and live usage. Both tube and solid state technologies are combined in this innovative design which has made the TLA-100A a tried-and-true choice for vocals, in addition to bass, drums and guitar.
"Softube has outdone itself. The TLA-100A plug-in is a testament to what can be achieved in hardware modeling when attention is paid to the smallest details of design."
Producer, Mixer, Engineer (Rob Thomas, Pixies, Liars and Alice Cooper)
While being true to the simplicity of the original, additional features have been added to the plug-in that bring the TLA-100A capabilities up-to-date with modern production techniques. The plug-in features: Parallel Compression, Saturation Control and Low Cut Filtering, expanding the possibilities of this classic workhorse, while maintaining the sound characteristics expected from this venerable compressor.
- The first and only Summit Audio plug-in
- Easy to use
- Built-in parallel compression and detector filtering
- Each and every component carefully modeled.
- Modeled output distortion, easily controlled with the Saturation knob.
- Extremely analog behavior of frequencies, phase, distortion, attack, release, etc.
BEAT Empfehlung der Redaktion
Bonedo 5 Stars
MusicRadar Rating 4.5 Stars
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
- Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading the plug-in (s) and managing the license(s)
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
*Please Note: Pro Tools 10 is not officially qualified by Avid higher than OS X 10.8
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?
This product requires an activation!
You can either "soft" activate on your computer without addditional hardware or transfer the license to an iLok USB dongle which has to be purchased separately. The iLok dongle can be used to run the protected software on different computers. Your licenses can be easily manged using the iLok Licence Manager. To protect your investment against theft or loss we recommend the iLok Zero Downtime protection with TLC.
An internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.