This set of percussion instruments offers a selection from the Synchron Percussion I Collection, including five woodblocks, two pairs of castanets, seven triangles and three shakers (two egg shakers and one tube shaker). We’ve captured them in a wide variety of articulations, from rolls to patterns, in various meters and speeds.
Every instrument was recorded using 12 microphones. You may select from four microphone positions (Standard Library) or seven different microphone positions (Full Library) and mix them to your liking, directly in the Vienna Instruments and Vienna Instruments Pro players, or using our mixing hosts Vienna Ensemble and Vienna Ensemble Pro.
Use the included and perfectly fine-tuned presets as a starting point for your own sonic creations. The natural ambience of Stage A was captured in stereo using a Decca tree, and additional microphone arrays were utilized for 5.1 surround and Auro 3D 9.1.
Microphone Positions of the Full Library:
Microphone Positions of the Standard Library:
The natural volume envelopes and the sonic character of the instruments remained untouched during recording and editing. You may shape your individual sound and ambience within the Vienna Instruments or Vienna Instruments Pro players and the mixing hosts Vienna Ensemble or Vienna Ensemble Pro. The included presets provide perfectly fine-tuned source material.
|Standard Library||Full Library|
|Download File Size||11,9 GB||24,5 GB|
|Installed File Size||23,8 GB||47,4 GB|
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
• 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
• ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
• eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
• free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
• Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
• AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
• RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
• 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in the box of any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.