Synchron Power Drums - Three energetic drum sets in one magnificent space
- Dynamic, powerful and raw recordings of three drum sets, captured at Synchron Stage Vienna
- Ideal for intense patterns, drum battles and multi-player grooves
- Includes an exclusive selection of cinematic drum loops
- Three complementary patterns in one MIDI file, ready to be played or modified
- Humanize Delay introduces inaccuracy when needed, with intensity adjustable by MIDI automation
- Choose from tailor-made mixer presets, from clean to highly processed sounds
- Stereo and surround formats
- Perfect addition to all Synchron Series products
The drum kit is the pillar of a groove. Put three kits together in a fantastic ambient room and you’ll have an explosion of pounding energy. That’s the concept behind Synchron Power Drums – hard-hitting, energetic drum grooves played simultaneously on three independent yet interacting drum kits in Synchron Stage Vienna’s famous main hall. The sound will take your music to the highest levels of intensity, and let your inner drummer go wild!
With the Tama Star (2017) placed between the Tama Superstar (1972) and the Sonor Acryl Champion Vintage (1975) kits on the sound stage, you have the option of using these drums sets all together or individually, both in their recorded positions or in a centered position. All three instruments represent the diverse sonic properties of different recording eras to give you a wide variety of sounds.
3 Drum Sets - 1 Venue
The Sonor Acryl Champion Vintage (left) delivers that perfect 70s sound and has been played by legends such as John Bonham, Ringo Starr, Karen Carpenter, Nick Mason and Keith Moon. Its acrylic shells have a louder, punchier sound than wooden drums, and a well-tuned acrylic snare drum can deliver a ton of sonic “crack” and projection.
- 22"/16" Kick drum
- 12“ Tom
- 13“ Tom
- 16“ Tom
- 14“/6,5" Phonic Snare
- 14“ Meinl Byzance Sand Hat
- 18“ Meinl Extra dry thin crash (left)
- 22“ Meinl Byzance vintage pure light Ride
- 20“ Meinl Byzance Vintage Crash (right)
The Tama Star (middle) with its dynamic, bright, rich and open sound represents the modern approach to drumming and has been Tama’s flagship line since 2013. Simon Phillips and Peter Erskine are famous players of this maple drum set.
- 20"/14" Kick drum
- 10“ Tom
- 12“ Tom
- 16“ Tom
- 14“/6,5“ Snare
- 14“ Meinl Byzance Medium HH
- 17“ Meinl MB 20 crash (left)
- 21“ Meinl Byzance Transition Ride
- 18“ Meinl Byzance Dual Crash (right)
The Tama Superstar (right) was very present in the 80s. It is made of birch shells, providing a deep, warm, dry and punchy sound – exactly what your typical disco/rock production needs. Interestingly, Billy Cobham and Elvin Jones were among the first adopters of this versatile instrument.
- 22"/16" Kick drum
- 13“ Tom
- 14“ Tom
- 16“ Tom
- 14“/5“ Ludwig Supraphonic Snare
- 14“ Meinl Byzance extra dry medium HH
- 18“ Meinl Byzance Dual crash (left)
- 20“ Meinl Byzance Vintage Pure Light
- 18“ Meinl Byzance Extra dry thin crash (right)
Up to 10 velocities and 6 alternations for each hit allow for subtle and intimate loops that can transition seamlessly to dramatic intensity. The main concept for this product is to create a raw and natural energy that can only be captured in a scoring stage like Synchron Stage Vienna.
New Features of the Vienna Synchron Player
MIDI player implemented exclusively for Synchron Power Drums, including drag and drop to your DAW. Also imports your existing MIDI loop collection (Standard General MIDI Mapping).
Great selection of exclusive cinematic drum loops, designed to feature our three available drum sets. Full loops and consistently edited:
- 3 drum sets in one MIDI File (3 MIDI Tracks)
- Each drum set separately
- Bass drum and snare for each drum set
- Hi-Hats for each drum set
- Toms for each drum set
- Cymbals for each drum set
Bleeding now available in the internal mixer, exclusively for Synchron Power Drums. Control how much bleeding signals from other close mics you’d like to add to your mix.
The performances on each drum set were captured from 19 microphone positions. The close, mid- and Decca Tree positions are included in the Standard Library. The Full Library includes all of the positions mentioned before as well as additional room and surround mics.
From larger-than-life ambiences to crushed sounds to incredibly tight studio sounds and finicky grooves – everything is possible with those beautiful instruments, and the included presets will be great starting points for your mix.
- Room Mix: “Centered” and “in place” for each drum set
- Decca Tree: “Centered” and “in place” for each drum set
- Surround to Stereo mix-down: “Centered” and “in place” for each drum set
- Surround (Full Library): “Centered” and “in place” for each drum set
Each setup comes with different flavors for each mix
- Parallel compression
- Parallel compression reverb
- Flying Toms
- Ambience parallel compression
Standard Library: Samples 153.072 | Download Files Size 29,1 GB | Installed File Size 71,4 GB
Full Library: Samples 181.773 | Download Files Size 38,9 GB | Installed File Size 95,3 GB
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 16 GB RAM or more, depending on your registered products
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.