The classical Swing big-band ensemble includes 5 saxophones: 2 Alto, 2 Tenor and 1 Baritone saxophone. The transposing Tenor saxophone in Bb covers the middle range. Its sound can be very raw and “dirty”. Stan Getz is one of a large number of well-known players of this instrument.
The musician for all the instruments, Robert Bernhard, plays in illustrious circles. His experience in orchestral music is as profound as his improvisations in jazz, funk and blues. He has captured all the nuances of the Selmer Mark VI series instruments (reissues of the famous vintage saxes of the Sixties) – from sensitive to aggressive, from whispering to screaming, exploiting the full dynamic range of these instruments.
Standard Library: Samples 3,361 | Download Files Size 920.1 MB | Installed File Size 1.5 GB
Full Library: Samples 13,012 | Download Files Size 2.8 GB | Installed File Size 5.2 GB
The following reviews have been placed by customers who also bought this product from us. All reviews are provided through eKomi, Europe’s largest independent customer review company.
A client asked me to write some music inspired by the 80's to his film. I bought this instrument and it sounds amazing! It has a lot of useful articulations and is easy to work with. My client was happy and so am I.
waoooo speechless , i become saxophone player now .Especially even greater after upgrading to full library
I use these products for educational purposes and as compositional tools.
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
• 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
• ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
• eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
• free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
• Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
• AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
• RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
• 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.