The trombone has been used as a solo and ensemble instrument since the Middle Ages. In the course of its history, the instrument has become increasingly versatile and its stylistic and sonic possibilities have grown to the point where today it is no longer subject to any musical genre. The muted recordings of the tenor trombone feature two different types of dampers. They are characterized by their soft yet rich tone, integrating harmoniously with various string, woodwind or brass sections and are perfectly suited for lyrical melodic solo lines.
The Standard Library of the Download Instrument contains all of the Tenor trombone (muted) samples of the Special Edition Vol. 2 and the Special Edition Vol. 2 PLUS as well as some additional articulations. The Full Library offers the complete articulations on par with the ones of the big Vienna Instruments Collection Brass I. Please find a detailed list of included playing techniques under the menu item Sample Content.
If you have already registered a Vienna Special Editions product that contains the Tenor trombone (muted), you can buy the download instrument Tenor trombone (muted) at a reduced price.
Your purchase of Tenor trombone (muted) entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Please notice: To use the "Extended Library" you need to have the corresponding "Standard Library" already registred in your account."Standard Library" plus "Extended Library" result in a "Full Version"
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.