Sonicsmiths presents a new tool for composers and sound designers. Based in the Native Instrument’s Kontakt engine, The Foundry is a sound design creation tool, drawing from over 18,000 samples, 19+ GB of sample content (12+ GB compressed), and trillions of ways to manipulate and combine the sounds. Never settle for presets again; The Foundry creates original patches using the groundbreaking AARE algorithm.
Instead of having to search through thousands of presets for a specific sound, we have designed a randomizing engine that creates a new patch for you based on simple adjectives. For example, if you want a Dark, Pulsing, Mysterious sound, select these adjectives, press a randomizing button, and The Foundry will generate new patches based on the parameters you select.
Rhythmics and FX sound sets can create unique and quickly-designable rhythms, or, along with tonal beds/textures, can create amazing lead lines and creative chordal patterns.
You can load up to four different “core” sounds into The Foundry. Each of these sounds has independent processing, manipulation, and can be morphed via the X-Y Pad Designer, key range, velocity, or CC.
Use the X-Y Pad Designer to create, save, and sync playback to your own modulatable pathways.
The Foundry has 4 different groups to select from: Beds and Pads (tonal sustained layers), Textures (atonal, moving material), FX (single one-shot hits, FX, and short articulated instruments), and Rhythmics (sonic “kits”). These groups range from Non-pitched to Pitched, and Simple to Complex.
• Template Mode: Make any sound Pulse, create Drops/Rises, or instantly put The Foundry into other modes such as Long Release, Hard Attack, etc.
• Body Designer: With over sixty different body types, you can manipulate each of the “core” sounds by sending them through different material types, such as tubes, bricks, glass, dog bodies, and more!
• 6 modulators assignable to Filters, Pitch, Amplitude, and Surround Panning allow for a wide range of stuttering, pulsing, frequency modulation, and many standard synthesis techniques.
• Graining Synthesis: You can take most of the patches in the library and add the granular synthesis effect, with stretching, panning, and many other ways of manipulating the sound.
• Surround Mode: Set all four sounds to go out different channels, as well as pan in surround.
• Unique reverb selections: including Swaps, Churches, Studios, etc.
• Fully adjustable Filters, Distortion, Compressors, Delays, Panning Rotators, Surround Routing Abilities, and many more creative tools.
The Foundry is a third-party library, based in Native Instruments' Kontakt Engine. In general, whatever is listed on NI’s Kontakt website for the current version will be the machine requirements for The Foundry. We can give recommendations, but are ultimately bound by the system requirements of Kontakt Player Engine. We highly recommend running the Foundry on a computer with SSD drives for optimal performance.
The following reviews have been placed by customers who also bought this product from us. All reviews are provided through eKomi, Europe’s largest independent customer review company.
innovative, inspirierende Soundlibrary
The latest NI Kontakt Player is included in this product!
The minimum Kontakt Player version to use this library is specified in the product description.
You want more?
This library qualifies for the reduced Crossgrade of full KONTAKT at Native Instruments (€ 249 instead of € 399)
Windows 7, 8 or 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit)
Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2, 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended)
Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11 oder 10.12 (latest update)
Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended)
Kontakt Player legacy downloads - please check compatibility with your libraries!System FAQs
An internet connection on any computer is required to authorize / activate the product (Challenge/Response).