The CL 1B Mk II compressor and the original legacy CL 1B compressor
The CL 1B Mk II isn’t only a feature-update, adding side-chain low cut filters and parallel mixing. It’s a complete audio-visual overhaul as well. Softube remodelled this luxury piece of studio hardware from the ground up, using their latest and best-ever component modelling and signal processing technology to give more detailed, punchier sound than ever. And it now has brand new high-resolution graphics which look gorgeous even on 4K and ultra-HD screens. You’ll want to reach out and grab the knobs the second you see it.
And when you do start to use it, you’ll be in control of a very special unit indeed – the tendency of an opto compressor is to grab hold fairly quickly but then take a while to fully reset, with a strongly exponential release curve. This means the transients are dealt with in a transparent way, but the larger body of the material benefits from a soft and musical levelling as the final ten or twenty percent of the gain reduction lingers before the next transient.
For registered users of a Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B
Please allow up to one working day for delivery of your personal Upgrade license!
- Improved sound; a total remodel from the ground up using our latest technology.
- New features – side-chain low-cut filters and parallel blend.
- Spectacular new high-resolution graphics.
- Characterful and yet still versatile compression.
- Great for vocals.
- The CL 1B optical compressor - a modern classic in a plethora of genres.
- Legacy plug-in version included.
It’s a sound every mix engineer should have on lock-down for bass, acoustic guitars, vocals and more!
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
- Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading the plug-in (s) and managing the license(s)
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
*Please Note: Pro Tools 10 is not officially qualified by Avid higher than OS X 10.8
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?
This product requires an activation!
You can either "soft" activate on your computer without addditional hardware or transfer the license to an iLok USB dongle which has to be purchased separately. The iLok dongle can be used to run the protected software on different computers. Your licenses can be easily manged using the iLok Licence Manager. To protect your investment against theft or loss we recommend the iLok Zero Downtime protection with TLC.
An internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.